Author Topic: New Map: Barren_Sanctum  (Read 4173 times)

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
New Map: Barren_Sanctum
« on: July 02, 2011, 12:17:17 PM »
This is my new map Barren_Sanctum.

I'm now going to include a .map file with every single one of my releases. This is just in case i go inactive and don't finish one of my maps.

Screen Shots ---

HaRmonY

• VM-68
Re: New Map: Barren_Sanctum
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 02:08:27 PM »
Nice Map! Add "message" "#" to worldspawn and make the sky higher

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 03:26:23 PM »
I'm now going to include a .map file with every single one of my releases. This is just in case i go inactive and don't finish one of my maps.

smart man. :D

Rassy

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 02:25:23 AM »
very nice

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 06:37:17 AM »
Your next nice map. Looks cool.

Add "message" "###" to the worldspawn.

If you don't want to make the barrels smaller, you need to scale up the top and bottom textures of them. With your texture pack it doesn't look that misaligned, but note that there're different texture packs around. Use low res textures if you have troubles to align the barrels correct.

And some screenshots.

For some reason this face is black.

Use the big screenshot to see what I mean. Move this and the opposite face a little bit. The second plank is aligned well.

Rotate this faces 90 or 270 degrees.

This box is in the wall a little bit. I'd move it some units.

The gras texture looks strange here imo.

Misaligned face.

Map is online @ [OTB] Beta!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 08:43:30 PM »
Attached a demo with some suggestions and put the map up on the beta server for play testing.

My biggest concern is that pretty much all but 1 of the paths to the base are inaccessible to inexperienced jumpers.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 04:58:19 PM »
Just got back.. I'll check all of this out.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 03:09:51 PM »
I haven't worked on any of my maps in a while.. i have all of them still and i want to finish some of them. I will be working on them this weekend.

I can revive my own topic right? =D

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2020, 04:06:43 AM »
Played this on Social (Distancing) Saturday.  I don't feel like the 2nd flag really adds anything, plus it's mostly inaccessible to new players.  I think removing it would maybe make the skill gap at least a LITTLE less extreme.  For the most part, it seems to play fine, though.  One thing I'd like to see is consistency for texture usage -- grass should just be used on places you can walk.  Like here it looks like you should be able to jump off the ramp of the bunker onto the ledge where the grass is:

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2020, 12:20:01 PM »
Was just thinking about this game and decided to check forums, what a coincidence that you posted on one of my maps

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2020, 05:40:42 AM »
Nice to have you back!  You've got a lot of beta maps that it would be nice to have finished up and out of the map pool!  Also, sort has made a LOT of improvements to BSP since you've been gone.  You should also get in on the Social Saturdays -- good way to get feedback on maps while there are a lot of players online.

Don't know if you're using it on your maps, but using _sun_surface instead of the ambient/diffuse settings results in MUCH better looking lighting, so you might want to tweak your lighting to use that.