Author Topic: How to change flag model?  (Read 5129 times)

KURWAJAPIERDOLE

• Stingray
How to change flag model?
« on: December 29, 2009, 04:08:07 AM »
Hello :)

I want to make my flag on map as a tire model (models/pf/tire.skm). When i made it, evrything is okey, but after I take flag there is error something like this "Flag model has not entname" =/ What should I do to get this error out?

And second problem is that, after player takes tire it's shows taht he has a flag. How to change it to make it looks like he is holding a tire?

blaa

• Autococker
Re: How to change flag model?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 01:30:21 PM »
Dont think it is possible to make it look like he is holding a tire.

dunno about ur error

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 05:45:03 PM »
It is possible, but nobody really uses that feature, so it probably has bugs.  I'll have to look at the code and see what's up.  If you're using a .skm file, you may have to specify an attachment bone or something.  I know if you're using .md2 files, you need to have all the animations.  It might be trying to play the animations on the tire and can't find them.

Toolwut

• Stingray
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 02:05:58 PM »
I know if you're using .md2 files, you need to have all the animations.  It might be trying to play the animations on the tire and can't find them.
The error is "ERROR: item with no entname." It is not caused by missing frames and causes the flag model to go back to default once it's grabbed. Might be hard-coded not to render the flag model specify in the bsp / ent file but the one matching game mode / team color?

Anyway, the error caused by missing frames is in the attachment and not a code bug. But the one this thread is about is. Once the flag is dropped, the flag model+skin switches back to how the mapper specified it.