Author Topic: What is "nv4.disp" and why is it causing a problem for me?  (Read 1271 times)

Cade

• PGP
What is "nv4.disp" and why is it causing a problem for me?
« on: October 28, 2006, 09:58:49 PM »
Hi I have a problem with the game freezing on me. What happens is I will start playing and about five minutes into the game it will freeze and most of the time I get a blue screen telling me that the driver got stuck in a loop and the source of the problem is a file called nv4.disp. Also it only happens with this game. I believe the source of the problem is the fact I have an omega driver installed for my gfx card because it only started doing this when I installed it. And it only happens on this game. My graphics card happens to be a nvidia geforce fx go5200 32mb. I was wondering if anyone had a solution since I like to use the driver to speed up certain games and I don't want to uninstall it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 11:04:36 AM by webhead »

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: nv4.disp
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 12:03:10 AM »
The driver is the problem. Get a newer one, or roll yours back. That's all you can do, really.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 09:23:31 PM »
I've never seen a need for the omega drivers with nvidia.  nvidia drivers are pretty good out of the box.  Try uninstalling the omega drivers and installing the latest nvidia drivers from nvidia.com.

Cade

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 10:06:54 PM »
Yeah the nvidia divers are good and stable but my inspiron 5150.. ain't exactly high end, so I use the omega performance drivers to boost certain games. It helps significantly. It seems I found an alright fix. http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=4432  . Now I can get through a game with it only pausing for a few seconds once or twice without the blue screen. Kind of annoying but allows me to play paintball and games like wolfenstien: enemy territory smoothly. Thanks for the replys.