Author Topic: Immaturity in the DP community  (Read 1823 times)

Fyre

• VM-68
Immaturity in the DP community
« on: July 16, 2004, 08:42:54 PM »
This is just a little problem I've experienced throughout my DP stay, but more specifically, in the past few weeks. Players are becoming bigger and bigger excretory openings all the time. Their egos are too high, and they frequently trash talk other in IRC and DP servers. I know there's nothing we can do about IRC, but possibly implementing a feature that will kick players continually using profanity. I know this would be hard to implement, but maybe a server-side option that has a so-to-speak "Immaturity Tolerance Level." This could perhaps have 3 settings, 0 for no action taken, 1 to kick players who are immature (some tolerance), and level 2 for complete intolerance in the server for immature players. This is somewhat along the lines of the player voting system, but this wouldn't have players voting one another's reputation as good/bad. This would just be an automated server-side option. Think about it, and tell me what you think.

Thanks,
    FyreStorm

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 06:12:21 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:05:41 PM by IronFist »

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
Re: Immaturity in the DP community
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2004, 09:24:40 AM »
Ok first off trash talking is part of the game don’t ever take it so seriously 2) profanity: nothing you can do about it people have the right to say what they want and you know what you have the right not to read it.
But maybe an option so you can make it so you don’t hear this guy. So if me iron and fyrestorm are playing and I'm being a ass (I can be like that) you can make it so iron wont have to hear it but if fyre don’t care he can still read it.

Fyre

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 09:42:05 AM »
Exactly. Jits, instead of going through the trouble of a whole nother server-side option, maybe just implement a feature like mIRC, "/ignore ID#" I think that would be alot more helpful. ;D

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2004, 01:00:19 PM »
I'll probably put an ignore option in this next version.  When I get the ranking system in, I'd also like to make it so you can give people positive and negative feedback, and that would affect their overall rating (or at least show up in their profile).

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2004, 02:20:04 PM »
that feature could easily get abused. how 'bout, each person can choose 1 person to say was the worst.

but they don't have to.

Fyre

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2004, 03:08:36 PM »
Give it a Survivor-like style. Each person gets one vote. The person with the most votes will be givin (-)negative one point. Just an idea..
« Last Edit: July 17, 2004, 03:09:00 PM by Fyre »

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2004, 04:44:48 PM »
yea everyone votes one time for the best dp player and the worst dp player and the one that gets the most votes wins the worst or best

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2004, 01:43:46 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:05:36 PM by IronFist »

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2004, 02:00:00 PM »
i dont ever see that many peeps spaming or being immatur other then me showing off :D