Author Topic: The Mesas  (Read 6306 times)

bug

• 68 Carbine
Re: The Mesas
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2006, 05:07:56 PM »
i forgot to say, this is one of the 2 maps i am currently working on, i am also working on another map called waterlogged. I work on waterlogged when i get bored of mesas which has been pretty often lately   :-[  :P . basically its like a flooded warehouse. can anyone tell me if the name "waterlogged" has been used before, i dont want to copy anyone.

I did once make a cheap mod of the map 'barrels' called waterlogged. Then again, I didn't get permission to make it, and it wasn't very good anyway ;)

SWSoggyWaffles

• Stingray
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2006, 05:40:21 PM »
This is seriously not how its not supposed to look. the mesas arent supposed to be giant nipples, and the mesas are too big too, even though i know this map needs work since i designed this map

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2006, 06:29:03 PM »
http://www.dustydavis.com/blogimages/mesa_verde_large.jpg

Is that more like what mesas are supposed to look like?

SWSoggyWaffles

• Stingray
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2006, 07:23:03 PM »
omg, THATS exactly my point!

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2006, 08:05:35 PM »
Actually...
a mesa is an elevated area of land with a flat top and sides that are usually steep cliffs. It takes its name from its characteristic table-top shape.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesa
So that wouldnt be a mesa.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2006, 08:11:56 PM »
http://www.dustydavis.com/blogimages/mesa_verde_large.jpg
Is that more like what mesas are supposed to look like?
omg, THATS exactly my point!

If that's what you were aiming for, I must say, you failed miserably.

SWSoggyWaffles

• Stingray
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2006, 12:05:44 PM »
hey wait! it wasn't me who completely screwed up the look of the mesas! i said to SWSmackwaters what they should look like but he made them oversized horny tits anyway!

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2006, 12:09:49 PM »
Then you failed miserably on telling him what they should look like.

SWSoggyWaffles

• Stingray
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2006, 12:11:19 PM »
or he failed miserably on listening

SmackWaters

• VM-68
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2006, 07:11:04 PM »
WHAT THE SAM HILL SMACKWATERS?????
errrrr. .  .thats nowhere near what was planned, there should be several mesas all over the place, not one big one!!!!!
i notice you don't start raving about how they are all wrong until you hear the other people saying they don't look like mesas... and besides, there isnt one big one. there are two big ones. u gotta come 2 my house on sunday so we can fix this cuz i don't have clue what im doing lol

hey wait! it wasn't me who completely screwed up the look of the mesas! i said to SWSmackwaters what they should look like but he made them oversized horny tits anyway!
quit blaming me all you gave me was a lousy overhead view of a circle you drew.. i had to use my imagination to make the rest, and i had no clue what mesas are supposed to look like except its a circle.

I did once make a cheap mod of the map 'barrels' called waterlogged. Then again, I didn't get permission to make it, and it wasn't very good anyway ;)
so then can i use that name? or should i change it

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2006, 07:19:13 PM »
quit blaming me all you gave me was a lousy overhead view of a circle you drew.. i had to use my imagination to make the rest, and i had no clue what mesas are supposed to look like except its a circle.

Quite the map making team, you two.

SmackWaters

• VM-68
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2006, 07:21:22 PM »

Quite the map making team, you two.

lol its ok, he just hasnt been over in a while so i did this myself. i should have known something like this would happen, cuz he wasnt here to tell me what he wanted. rest assured, this map will be 100% different next time you see it

guess im working on waterlogged, however i am changing the name to "flooded in" unless bug doesnt mind me copying. i think i'm gonna make a thread about waterlogged/looded in now because it doesnt fit with this thread  :P

Hobo

• VM-68
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2006, 03:53:45 PM »
wow... after just posting about making giving positive help on his other map you guys surprised me with this thread.  Nice.
The road is a keeper. Needs some tumbleweed and maybe a run down gas station. :)
Maybe a underground tunnel for "crossin the border"
Can you get up top? inside or outside up them?

SmackWaters

• VM-68
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2006, 07:47:05 PM »
u can get on top, i added jump pads for the fun of it, dont know if im going to keep them seems kinda stupid lol  ;D

SWSoggyWaffles

• Stingray
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2006, 06:48:15 PM »
lol sorry i was yellin, and sorry i havent been around for a while, been on vacation, and still am, so i cant come over to help fix the mesas yet, im still 360 miles away.

Wolf Man

• Stingray
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2006, 05:35:01 PM »
HOLY *word* MAN!! this level is oversized and boring