Author Topic: Torrent Questions  (Read 735 times)

bug

• 68 Carbine
Torrent Questions
« on: October 05, 2006, 07:27:24 PM »
Hey. I've been just finished converting all the maps on my site to torrents (to help with Dajoob's current space and bandwidth problem), but I have a question:

Ok, I have a torrent instead of a .bsp set up for every map on the site. I'm not currently seeding these. I also have a torrent set up for all the maps (it's a torrent of a directory, with each map in it). I am seeding this.

My question is: is there any way to set up the individual map torrents to point towards the all-maps package that I am seeding? Or do I have to seed each and every one of those individual maps?

There is no need for excretory openingry here. Thanks.
-Bug

TinMan

• Autococker
Re: Torrent Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 07:42:31 PM »
I don't know how you could seed them like that, but you could seed the folder that the maps are in, and then have a "help" page with screenshots that shows how people can use a client like Azureus to download only the files within the torrent that they want. I appreciate that you're putting effort into map/media distribution, but you should sort through the maps, you could overcome the bandwith problem some by removing the Q2 maps and the maps that are just buggy.

bug

• 68 Carbine
Re: Torrent Questions
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 06:43:03 PM »
Thanks for the answer TinMan, but this really won't work with what I have in mind. Is there some way I can set up the individual torrents to automatically get themselves and only themselves from the one pack I'm seeding?