Author Topic: Which airsoft gun should I get?  (Read 2658 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Which airsoft gun should I get?
« on: September 26, 2006, 08:53:38 PM »
I stopped in Fry's while I was in Atlanta and, of all things, grabbed this Taurus PT92 pistol: http://www.shortyusa.com/airsoft.html?http://www.shortyusa.com/cart/viewitem.html?II=206&UID=1159320388-24.199.129.138&OldLoc=/cart/listcategory.html&RID=4328&NL=&CA=1&kiosk=

It worked well for a couple days, then the spring in the magazine broke. :(  I read about a pretty sweet sounding chrome Tokyo Marui Desert Eagle with gas blowback, but I can't seem to find it in any US stores.

Spook

• Autococker
Re: Which airsoft gun should I get?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 09:26:24 PM »
Jits with gas desert eagles they cap at about 250 FPS. Not good. Look around this website for good guns www.evike.com If you're looking to get a rifle, look around the AK's and try to stay away from the m4 and m16 models they're barrels tend to flex too much making the shots way off. For a pistol I'd recommend a Glock model or a USP. If you decide to go with the USP READ the manual on it, since it needs to be loaded specially. Any other questions i should be able to help, I'm just alittle bit of an airsoft fanatic.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 09:51:38 PM »
Ooh....leet guns. Grendade Launchers and Shotguns? A Quake fanatic's dream...I want one.
That Tokyo Mauri shotgun really caught my eye. Way too much $$$ for me though.

Get an empty water bottle, you screw the cap on the end of it very loosely, squeeze it, and it'll fire the cap. This occurs in the halls of our school very often. Default got owned in the back today, pretty sure it left a welt. Spook missed it.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 02:25:54 PM »
What's the point in the shotguns?  They fire slow and are inaccurate.  Do some of them fire multiple pellets?

Yeah, it kind of sucks about the fps on the desert eagle.  Why so low?  You'd think gas powered guns would have a much higher speed.  I kind of just want one for the look and feel, though.  Supposedly they have a pretty cool blowback.

Also, what's this "green gas"?  And what do grenade launchers fire?  Ping pong balls?

Hmm, this desert eagle supposedly shoots at 420fps: http://www.evike.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=W&Product_Code=GP_KWC_CO2Deagle&Category_Code=GP_KWC

Holy sniper rifle, batman! http://www.evike.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=W&Product_Code=GR_GB_Tech_M82A1&Category_Code=GAS_GUN_GASRIFLE

I want one!  But I'm not gonna spend that kind of money, hah.

Man, whoever wrote this website has terrible English.  "NONE BLOWBACK"?  Non-blowback, maybe?

Is there any particular brand that's better than the others, or does it really depend on which gun you get?  I read somewhere that the Tokyo Marui's were good, but they're Japanese and take the lower power gas.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 03:49:43 PM »
The point of shotguns mostly in teamplay matches IS for the snipers (who aren't allowed to shoot anyone within 100 feet) use the shotguns and usually just strap them to their backs. The Desert Eagle FPS is generally so low, because of the weight of the slide, needing more power to just blow the slide back more than anything else. Green gas is the type of gas, that allows most guns their blowback feature, co2 isn't strong enough. The grenade launchers are really nice. They shoot cartridges packed with bb's, and when they hit something all of the bb's spray out. For types of guns I recommend Classic Army, Tokyo Marui, or ICS. Those are brands you can trust, and they sell the best guns at a reasonable price.

If you want to know what I have, I carry with me an ICS AK-74 (yes a 74!) and a KJW Glock 18-C Full auto. I'm satisfied with both, especially the range i get and how much fun a full auto pistol is. Every once in awhile I'll carry my Sawn-off shotgun for laughs when i get a headshot.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 05:42:22 PM »
Why do you want an airsoft gun? woo! 3 plastic bb's a second! Or you can spend the same price and shoot 18 paintballs a second.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 05:46:06 PM »
Or real bullets...

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 05:48:38 PM »
Im not a violent person

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 05:58:44 PM »
Yet you shoot people with paintballs?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2006, 06:01:52 PM »
I did a search for ak74 and found this -- kind of fun to make your "ideal gun":
http://www.arcoefrecce.it/SOFTAIR/customizer/ak_english.htm

Barrel: AK 47 Viper
Scope: Bushnell
Magazine: Short
Buttstock: Sniper

What does "AEG" stand for?  I hear a lot of people talking mentioning it in their reviews.  Automatic electric gun?

I was sorting the gas powered pistols by rating, and this was up near the top.  Looks pretty slick, but I don't know if I want to keep replacing the gas: http://www.shortyusa.com/cart/viewitem.html?II=933&UID=1159320388-24.199.129.138&OldLoc=/cart/listcategory.html&RID=4328&NL=&CA=2&kiosk=

Think I should get gas, electric, or spring?

kate: Mostly for target practice.  bb's are more accurate and can be used indoors.  They're also cheaper and can be reused.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 06:12:57 PM »
jitspoe is a killer.

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 06:31:06 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:38:32 PM by IronFist »

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2006, 06:31:56 PM »
Jits that pistol is green gas operational, and that is one slick piece of equipment. Green gas is nice because it comes in a big can, and its good for at least 1500 rounds usually. Also AEG is Airsoft Electric Gun so you are correct on that. I'm definitely an AK fan so if you decide to get that you won't regret it. For your rifle get an AEG, but for a pistol get gas powered, green gas preferably.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006, 08:32:16 PM »
jitspoe is a killer.
I'm just looking for a permanent solution to the cheaters. ;)

A sniper rifle would be pretty slick -- what do you think of something like this: http://www.shortyusa.com/airsoft.html?http://www.shortyusa.com/cart/viewitem.html?II=976&UID=1159410129-24.199.129.138&CA=&RID=1
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 11:32:15 PM by jitspoe »

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2006, 09:29:25 PM »
Thats a nice one around 320 muzzle velocity for that price. With a sniper make sure you get a sidearm with it, in many cases where events are held snipers need to be single shot and you may not shoot anyone within 100 feet. So get a pistol, like I've said, preferably gas or you'll be a sitting duck against anyone within 100 feet.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2006, 09:56:24 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:28:00 AM by P!nk »

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2006, 12:55:49 AM »
I'm just looking for a perminate solution to the cheaters.
Jitler's "Endlösung der Hakenfrage"

Sieg Hail!! Jitler!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2006, 12:17:30 PM »
perminate

What a horrid example you're setting. ^_^
Wow, whoever wrote this spell check dictionary is fired.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2006, 12:57:26 PM »
Hehehe indeed that is a clear mis-spelling unlike my word "imposter" which is not :)