Author Topic: Need Build 14; build 16 isn't working right for me  (Read 1313 times)

Stronger

Need Build 14; build 16 isn't working right for me
« on: October 04, 2006, 03:06:10 PM »
Hi there, I'm sort of a retired paintball player. Well, more like forced. I think it was march when I switched from Build 14 to 16 on my laptop. Well, that didnt work out well, the whole thing went wacko, no more paintball for me. I am wondering if there is any way I can download build 14? The whole thing? I cant seem to find it anywhere. Thanks in advance,

Stronger
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 10:50:37 AM by webhead »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Build 14
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 03:19:19 PM »
http://www.fileplanet.com/hosteddl.aspx?%2fplanetquake%2fdigitalpaint%2fpaintball2_build014_full.exe

Can you elaborate on "went wacko" so I can try to fix it in future versions?  Your laptop card may not have liked the reflective water or something, so you might try setting r_reflectivewater 0.

Stronger

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 03:40:35 PM »
you have no idea how thankful I am THANK YOU!

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 03:44:19 PM »
That's some productive user input...

Stronger

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 03:48:16 PM »
http://www.fileplanet.com/hosteddl.aspx?%2fplanetquake%2fdigitalpaint%2fpaintball2_build014_full.exe

Can you elaborate on "went wacko" so I can try to fix it in future versions?  Your laptop card may not have liked the reflective water or something, so you might try setting r_reflectivewater 0.
OK, well, fo one, the framerate seemed to suddenly collapse. It was fine when I moved right up to a wall and only stared at it. But when someone went into my view, it instantly went to like 2 frames per second. Thats only the first (and biggest) problem. The second is that the water was all colour-pixelated. It seemed it was just a big rainbow. If I played at a map like castle, I could see the water from the other side, seeing through the walls, but, again, with immense lag. It was mostly just really REALLY bad lag, I tried everything, even the reflective water thing. I know part of the lag is because I was using 1. A laptop, plus 2. wireless conection. Although, this was never a problem in the past, so I assume my comp. just couldnt hold all the new updates.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 06:56:30 PM »
What graphics chipset do you have in your laptop?  It sounds like it doesn't like the reflective water and new player models.  Just type this at the console:

r_reflectivewater 0
r_oldmodels 1

Stronger

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 08:04:57 PM »
I did both of those actually. Nothing much changed. A bit less lag, but nothing much. My graphics chip is...well...not good. Nothing special really. Its a laptop, not much to do. Ill save my pennies for a computer sometime soon.