Author Topic: Game Intro Thing  (Read 1832 times)

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
Game Intro Thing
« on: October 26, 2006, 03:14:23 PM »
ive been wanting to make a short game intro type thing for pball,  but ive run into a problem. i cant find a way to import the maps into the program i am using (blender). does anyone know of a exporter for bsp or QuArK that i can use?  i can use: .3ds, .ac, .dae, .off, .x, .kml,  .kmz, .lwo, .md2, .ndo, .flt, .slp, .radio, .raw, .ply, .cob, and .obj. i found a bsp importer, but it doesnt work.

EDIT: forgot VRML 1.0, DFX, and STL.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Game Intro Thing
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 03:39:53 PM »
What are you trying to do?  Even if you manage to get a map into blender, it won't have the lighting information in it, so it will look pretty bad.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 04:40:56 PM »
in most games there is an intro video, and i was going to try to make one. i only need the mesh of the map. and i will be adding my own lights to work properly with my renderer (possibly YafRay). if the textures dont import correctly (alignment) i can easily fix that. i dont even need the textures to import with the map. i have the ones that came with the game so i could import those and take care of that manually.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 05:21:35 PM »
I'd skip your intro video.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 05:30:47 PM »
I'd skip your intro video.

i honestly wouldnt care

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 05:48:14 PM »
Not to discourage you or anything, but even if it was the best intro video produced for any game, after about the second time, it would just be an annoyance (not to mention probably more than double the size of the paintball2 package).  Also, the only video format supported by paintball2 is .cin, which is pretty crappy (8 bit).

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 06:03:58 PM »
i see what you mean. but i still want to make something like that. also, i think bink (.bik) and smacker (.smk) are good codecs for games (http://radgametools.com/). i havnt looked to deep into them though.

{appy Hamper

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 07:00:37 PM »
I just had to let you know Zorch: (and hopefully I'm not missing a joke) You need to put an "m" in your quote.  unless Guy really says "Aericans"

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 07:06:30 PM »
wow, i didnt even see that. thanks.