Author Topic: A Few Problems That I Need Help With  (Read 2046 times)

Dex

• PGP
A Few Problems That I Need Help With
« on: November 14, 2006, 06:28:42 PM »
I set my Configs To show Only Chat Buuuut It still shows Elim's Why so? and How do I fix?

How do I "Chase" In observer mode?

My Console on many occasions Appears blank How do i Fix this?

And Just a question i need answered lol

Why are there so many people that like to Screw up games? For instance *Terrorist* on The Speed server, Map ub_cliff? i think it is? Switched from Red to blue stood on top of the cliff blocked the other Teams players for a good hour or so then switched back to red and left. How can this be prevented? Can a "Push" Function be added like in Enemy Territory?

Another Problem i have had with other players on the same map and server Is constant grab throw grab throw of smoke grenades In their own teams spawns with full intent to Bother people....

I know I should complain to a Admin But there are none on when I play and OTB's Forum is German in which I cant speak.

TinMan

• Autococker
Re: A Few Problems That I Need Help With
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 06:55:48 PM »
How do I "Chase" In observer mode?
Bind a key to "camera".
Example- pull down console using ~, and they type:
Code: [Select]
bind v "camera"Pressing V will then let you chase people.

Another Problem i have had with other players on the same map and server Is constant grab throw grab throw of smoke grenades In their own teams spawns with full intent to Bother people....
Tell them to bind a key to "dropgren", and then repeatedly insult them with terms like "n00b". *sarcasm*

Dex

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 07:06:09 PM »
Ah thank you I shall bind a chase key oh and heres a example Demo of what constantly goes on with Nade's

http://www.myfilehut.com/userfiles/220721/Smoke.dm2

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 07:29:16 PM »
The "deadtalk" setting should prevent eliminated players from communicating with live players, but it's a server side setting.  Eliminated players can still communicate with each other as well.

"P" is the default key to chase players, "[" and "]" are the default keys to switch players.

You might be scrolled up too far if your console is blank.  Try hitting CTRL+END to get to the most current console data.

Like any game, there are griefers.  I've thought about a push command, but it could be worse than not having it.  People might go around shoving people out from cover, off of cliffs, etc.  As for smoke grenades, most people don't bother learning that there's a "dropgren" bind that can be used to drop a smoke grenade when they want to pick up a paint grenade instead, so they just use the "tossgren" to throw smoke grenades in their teammate's faces.

Dex

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 07:37:42 PM »
Ah so it Doesn't stop the Newb Has eliminated Newb message's...crap

Many thanks

Um I don't think you get what I meant.Take a look at the Demo I posted to see what I mean Jitspoe People that do this On purpose.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 07:52:02 PM »
I misunderstood your first question.  The reason that doesn't work currently is because the whole message system has been redone.  The menu settings don't reflect that yet.  I plan to add some options in the future to give better control over that.

I'm not able to watch your demo at the moment, sorry.  Do you have suggestions on how we might help deal with those situations, though?

Dex

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 07:58:07 PM »
Possibly A way to lock a users ability to Throw Grenades? Although Nothing I suggest would help without Admins on the servers. I personally Think getting rid of smoke grenades would be nice although i know alot of people would argue that. I dont think they are very usefull on some maps and To many people just say "I cant kill with this?!?!?" *throws it away in own teams spawn*