Author Topic: NEED MAJOR HELP!  (Read 2658 times)

tntelite

• PGP
NEED MAJOR HELP!
« on: June 15, 2004, 06:04:29 PM »
Yea was able to make a starting map, nothing special, but it's a map, and i tried to export launch BSPBUild, and it says most have Tony's Browneller's BSPBUild in the bsp_build directory.

I also dont know how to make it so you can play the map, or start a server with it, please respond, or asend me an email : Skaterpunkufo@aol.com

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: NEED MAJOR HELP!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 06:36:01 AM »
Ok, when you go to the export menu, there should be several options.  For starters use qbsp.  That will just compile the map, but not put any lighting or visibility info in it.  You must have an info_player_deathmatch entity in the map to be able to load it.

When it's done compiling, it should prompt you to press a key, then load up paintball2.  If not, you'll need to edit some files -- read the txt included with the BSP file on this site for more information.

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 07:38:53 PM »
i use bsp and when i compile it asks me to press any key when its done and it launches my map right then. also i use info_player_start not deathmatch and it works fine.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2004, 01:06:42 PM »
well, if your making a multiplayer level you need info_player_deathmatch. i forgot why, but you do.