Author Topic: textures...  (Read 2011 times)

[bd]imalamp

• VM-68
textures...
« on: February 21, 2007, 10:11:28 PM »
Does any one have like a collection of like 1000 textures i could play with? B/c my design focus is detail... and well, dp textures just don't do it for me...and when ever i try to make or use my own textures... man do i make my self feel stupid.

Thanks for helpin!!!

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: textures...
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 12:54:50 AM »
There aren't many textures you CAN use- they have to be GPL compatable. Either make them yourself, get someone else to make them for you, or (I think) get permission to use them from someone who can give permission. You can use textures from other maps, but other than that you're out of luck.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 06:18:47 AM »
Just a quick question, would it be like very wrong if I use textures like (black, white) and only them? ,um, wrong is the wrong word i guess. I mean someone tried that? Did it look awful?

And, If i created a light blue colored texture and then someone downloads the map from the server would they get the texture aswell? And if someone dls the map via website would he have to dl the texture separately?

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 08:06:35 AM »
When a map maker creates a map with custom textures he/she usually distributes the textures with the map.

And, yes, the servers will deliver the proper textures to players new to the custom textured map.

[bd]imalamp

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 12:13:02 PM »
How do i get to the textures inside the map file???

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 02:07:35 PM »
You don't.  If you want to distribute a map with textures, the standard procedure is to put it in a zip file with the following directory structure:
pball/maps/yourmap.bsp
pball/textures/yourtexdir/yourtexture1.jpg
pball/textures/yourtexdir/yourtexture2.jpg
etc.

Then when you extract the zip file to paintball2, everything goes in the correct place.

[bd]imalamp

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 02:16:52 PM »
What i meant was how do i get the textures out of a map and into bsp.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 05:14:16 PM »
...basically exactly what jits said. The textures aren't IN the map file, they're stored separately in the /textures/ folder.

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 06:27:43 PM »
- Can someone zip their textures and env files for the rest of the DP community please.
- Im sick of playing maps without textures that the server doesnt have.
- Server owners need to add textures as well as maps to the servers.

Thank you

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 07:00:05 PM »
Loial, could you hit me with that texture pack for this machine please?? Thanks in advance :)