Author Topic: Last step???  (Read 1624 times)

[bd]imalamp

• VM-68
Last step???
« on: February 21, 2007, 06:39:52 PM »
I don't know if you guys rememer me from before the forum server thingy went down, but i was trying to map a lil. I never got them into circulation and was wondering how to get them in circulation.

[bd]imalamp

• VM-68
Re: Last step???
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 06:42:54 PM »
By the way... i forgot the cammand that starts the match regarless of there only being one team...

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 06:47:21 PM »
set debug1 1

As for getting maps in rotation, it's really just a matter of the quality of the map and if anybody wants to play it.

[bd]imalamp

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 06:50:53 PM »
Well i am aware of that but how do i get other people to play them? B/c even when i was just messing around with this hotel map i tryed to get my lil brother to join b/c he wanted to see it and couldn't find it. Do i have to have my own server to run it? And even when i tryed to open it to play bots it wasn't there. Do i have to transfer it to a different location for paintball to find it??? Thanks.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 07:14:18 PM »
Upload it and cry if u see me ingame. Than u can test it at the OTB Servers.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 07:19:27 PM »
I've set the compilers up so they store new maps in an "inprogress" directory to keep from cluttering up your main directory.  To load a map, type "map inprogress/mapname" at the console or let it load automatically after compiling.

Follow this tutorial if you're having trouble: http://digitalpaint.planetquake.gamespy.com/testwiki1/pb2wiki.php?word=Installing+and+Starting+BSP

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 08:20:59 PM »
I've set the compilers up so they store new maps in an "inprogress" directory to keep from cluttering up your main directory.  To load a map, type "map inprogress/mapname" at the console or let it load automatically after compiling.

I was going to do this before but I guess I'll do it now:

mapsV3 - the map menu thing

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 07:53:58 AM »
what was the link to that bsp tutorial with a small movie in it?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker