Poll

Is having general standards and rules for Clans important?

Yes
17 (63%)
No
3 (11.1%)
Yes, but...(explain)
5 (18.5%)
No, but...(explain)
0 (0%)
Clans mean nothing
2 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Clan standards.  (Read 4196 times)

loial21

• Autococker
Clan standards.
« on: February 18, 2007, 01:16:12 PM »
Jitspoe,(only)
Please help set a foundation for legitimate Clans in your Mod. I hope you see this as an important tool for Clan growth and longevity as you did the global login. They are intertwined.

All others,
Please participate and gives suggestions if you consider your self in a Clan or not.

Thanks to Picasso for the suggestion.

JOE

• 68 Carbine
Re: Clan standards.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 09:32:54 AM »
If you're going to setup a thread on clan standards you might first want to recognize that Paintball 2 is NOT A MOD but rather a standalone Alpha version of a Game based off of a Mod.  Other than that  yeah clan standards would be sweet

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 10:51:23 AM »
Ok, well for one, the clan scene is fine. Of course there are clans out there that refuse to add losses, play unfairly, talk during matches, etc. I don't think you need to set up stupid ass rules because you feel its necessary. You don't participate in the clan scene therefore you have no clue what is needed in it. I think the only thing that should be forced is an accurate record, not this fake 76-4 record excrement.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 11:03:07 AM »
 Records are lame, maybe because I am in a clan with 1:2 win record. The talking or spamming sometimes pisses me off, but I sure know where to type "players" and who to ignore.

Um, loial is on drugs or something? (so many "like wtf" threads recently)

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 11:41:01 AM »
Ok, well for one, the clan scene is fine. Of course there are clans out there that refuse to add losses, play unfairly, talk during matches, etc. I don't think you need to set up stupid ass rules because you feel its necessary. You don't participate in the clan scene therefore you have no clue what is needed in it. I think the only thing that should be forced is an accurate record, not this fake 76-4 record excrement.

OK.

So, every time someone posts about some BS going on in a match, we'll hit the notify moderator button to get it removed.

Done.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 11:55:43 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:23:49 AM by Dirty_Taco »

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 08:14:09 PM »
There's no honour in the clan scene right now, and there are lots of problems with it. One of the main problems is due to the fact you can barely trust any of the clans out there. All seem to either use players not in their clan, or are suspected of hacking.

As I mentioned, there is a lack of honour and respect. For instance the whole process of pgp'in when in the lead, constant belittling in matches, offensive names, theres also the funny idea of when losing, constantly saying how you are not trying and mocking that the other team are trying "so hard".

I can understand why skater says that there is nothing wrong with the clan scene, this is due to him being one of the root causes of the problems aforementioned.

Please discuss..

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 08:25:31 PM »
well your clan left in our map since we used the mirror 2 trick... how is it honorable to just leave within the first few rounds of a match calling us losers?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 12:05:12 AM »
Using a map exploit like that would probably get you disqualified in any responsible league.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 02:39:54 AM »
lmao was that just a joke?!

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 06:14:44 AM »
Mirror2 is a wierd map anyway. Some dude said that the map maker told him that it is not an exploit, it is a part of the map.

So, I would recommend to agree maps before you play them. Every clan has a right to play whichever map they like, if its uploaded to major servers i guess, because otherwisesomeone could make a map named l7l7l7l and force other team to play that map on some X server.

Um? I see nothing wrong with some bullexcrement talking, as I said before I know how to type players and ignore x. For example, tom|vendetta spammed "my anus is bleeding" (or something like that) throughout the whole match, dont know why, maybe because he was bored or just trying to piss other team off, but we knew how to ingore so no problem for us..

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 08:08:13 AM »
(Quotes are disabled?)Firefox/2.0.0.1
If it does not effect myself then there is nothing wrong? meddling sweet! Now I can murder rape and kill children.

Where will I stop? Get it? Someone needs to care at some point and set guidelines (which should be voted on) for acceptable behavior and clear punishments. Other wise you would have no end of Summercup'06(s)...1001 Skaters (clan hops) and cheaters.

Once you learn why one + one = two, one does not need to goto class any longer to have a clue.

Anarchy

• Stingray
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007, 08:35:44 AM »
i agree about records. if some clans loose they say "oh i said scrim" and edit the chat on IRC to make it seem that way when in reality it was a match. that's all done just to keep a record. it's just a record, who cares?

JOE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2007, 11:28:10 AM »
this is like the ten millionth thread about clans or clan standards, one thing all these threads have in common that they all speak of the immaturity of the community. just thought i'd get that out in the open because it seems like this thread is drifting off topic

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2007, 01:09:35 PM »
well your clan left in our map since we used the mirror 2 trick... how is it honorable to just leave within the first few rounds of a match calling us losers?

You passed the flag through the base using the exploit, which is not what I would call match play. I left the match as your clan has done this before and I made my feelings known then. It was the first round of the map. I did not call you "losers", I told you in irc that I won't be a part of matches like that.  Your clan were actually the ones being offensive in irc, not sure what words you said but i'm sure I have logs.

I think you should look at your own clan before calling others dishonorable in hte future.

oOoOz

• PGP
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 03:11:40 PM »
i agree about records. if some clans loose they say "oh i said scrim" and edit the chat on IRC to make it seem that way when in reality it was a match. that's all done just to keep a record. it's just a record, who cares?

Uuu yah!

*wonders why every clan got a positive score  ???.

Just do not match people who talk excrement like that.
Ok I know it's pretty hard to do it since 95% of these "clans" behaving like this.
Stop taking it SERIOUS or you get [.i]NSANE because of that xD

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2007, 01:03:10 AM »
Very sound logic.
"Just do not match people who talk excrement like that." 

Is this sound logic as well?
"Repeating annoying phrases, degrading or belittling other users, intentionally killing teammates, impersonating other users, and other forms of harassment are also grounds for banishment."