Author Topic: Mind-Reading Helmet!  (Read 1660 times)

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
Mind-Reading Helmet!
« on: March 07, 2007, 10:39:24 PM »
Imagine this with DP:

Link

TinMan

• Autococker
Re: Mind-Reading Helmet!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 10:55:35 PM »
I'd rather have it with a more current engine...let's wait for Quake Wars.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 11:15:40 PM »
I'd rather have it for various editing environments, like Blender. Much more useful there, since it sounds like it takes a considerable amount of effort to do much.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 01:01:22 AM »
Don't hold your hopes too high.  Things like that aren't very effective.  I've seen similar research done to allow people with mobility issues control things on a computer, but it looked pretty "rough".  You won't have that fine-tuned movement like you have with a high precision gaming mouse.  Most of that is due to the fact that you're putting sensors on the surface of your head, rather than in your brain, and just picking up generic signals that leak through.

Of course, with the adaptiveness of the human brain, you might be able to train yourself to use it effectively.  I don't know.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 09:21:35 AM »
Hence the "still in development" part. :P

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 09:49:10 AM »
Also, it sounds like different people can do different things, which would make it hard to make a game everyone could play.

l1g

• Stingray
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 08:25:05 PM »
Lol, this is borderline freaky.  I know I wouldn't want anyone knowing what I was thinking, ahhhhhhhhhhh.  But I wouldn't mind using it for DP, that would make everyone who has it a much better player.  Unfortunately it won't ever happen, at least not for many many years.  Where do you guys get all these weird things anyway?

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 08:35:19 PM »
Google :D

l1g

• Stingray
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 08:57:48 PM »
Lol. Have you ever visited Jibjab? :)

If not go to --> http://www.jibjab.com/

My friend showed me this site a while ago, haven't been in a while. But it is really funny. :)