Author Topic: This new map I have worked on for kingpin.Just like to show guys a new map that  (Read 2437 times)

stigma

• Stingray
Not really a paintball map well it could be…
This map be released for kingpin in few days

If you have ever played this game kingpin life of crime check out all good work. To old game that not being dev anymore

http://www.kingpinforever.com/

This mid size map made from total scratch.
It using my own personal high res textures that I made
Its got 3 textures that are not my own but this map was made bye me and Mr. damage from over at kingpinforever.com you see most my work over there   one of best kingpin mappers I know and does really great work help hole lot on this new map

Just like to show guys a new map that fixes to be released soon

KiLo

• Autococker
This kinda reminds me of cs_havana from CS (of course) only not as big. It might be a fun map to play in paintball if it was made as siege or CTF (if that combination is possible).

I looked at the screenshots and thought darn why can't we have guns like that. ;D

Spook

• Autococker
I looked at the screenshots and thought darn why can't we have guns like that. ;D

Because in paintball we don't intentially murder people ;P

stigma

• Stingray
Here the same map loaded in paintball without kingpin textures as you can see this game and paintball is pretty close except for few things this game has and this one don’t

stigma

• Stingray
btw what good fps for this game i noticed in lot paintball maps the fps about the same as in kp  i usely hit about 640 fps on some pball map other around 250-340 fps

stigma

• Stingray

you could easily have new weapon models for this game  and new hud and new codes
and so much more [;-)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Depends on your video card.  Anything above 100fps is usally plenty.

By the way, it looks like you're scaling textures down on the surface a lot (especially on the light).  This will cause the compiler to chop the polygons up a lot more and generate more light data, causing higher r_speeds/slower compile times.  It's better to use the hr4 directories for high-res textures.

Eiii

• Autococker
First, new guns aren't going to turn up for a long time- and certainly not ones like the gun shown in that screenshot. ;)
Second, don't double or triple post. The 'modify' button is useful for avoiding that.

Other than that, the map looks great. I don't think it'd work great in paintball, due to it's lack of cover and such, but it looks great.

stigma

• Stingray
Depends on your video card.  Anything above 100fps is usally plenty.

By the way, it looks like you're scaling textures down on the surface a lot (especially on the light).  This will cause the compiler to chop the polygons up a lot more and generate more light data, causing higher r_speeds/slower compile times.  It's better to use the hr4 directories for high-res textures.

R_speed   579-wploy 152eploy 1or 2 spot 1000  in alley ways but not problem
And fps 340 and only took me about 22min  to do a full compile that way i don't think some the maps here are getting full compiles

yah i looked though them high res texture there nicely done [;-( but not many to use.

i could make/give you guys more textures to use
 if you like to have these textures for paintball let me know. they would i  guess be legal since i made them for games

Eiii

• Autococker
If you made them, we'd love to have them. And if a map is lit, you can be pretty sure it's fully compiled.

stigma

• Stingray
And if a map is lit, you can be pretty sure it's fully compiled  not allways there
one usely fast compile other full rad/vis compile just because map has lights or lit don't mean it been fully compiled .

Eiii

• Autococker
But it usually does. QBSP VIS RAD is a full compile.

bitmate

• Autococker
btw what good fps for this game i noticed in lot paintball maps the fps about the same as in kp  i usely hit about 640 fps on some pball map other around 250-340 fps
*sigh*
I'm only getting 30-60ish since I upgraded to build17.

stigma

• Stingray
cool didn't know this game had crosshairs and zoom scripts and stuff cool  stuff i got tons of crosshairs that work and darn good zoom script

sorry haveing to much fun [;-)