Author Topic: Some pretty cool textures  (Read 2212 times)

TinMan

• Autococker
Some pretty cool textures
« on: April 04, 2007, 02:17:23 PM »
http://phalanx.planetunreal.gamespy.com/texturespitores.htm

The content provided is copyright 2001-2005, by Sjoerd "Hourences" De Jong

You are authorized to use the content in any work of art (renders, models, etc.), any MOD for any game, any level for any game and any freeware game provided you give me credits for the textures in the readme, credits or any other such places.

You are allowed to make changes to the textures as long as I will be mentioned in the readme and/or creditscreen, etc.

You are allowed to extract textures out of the UTX's/VTF's and/or to duplicate them in to a levels Mylevel provided I receive credits for it in the readme or any such places.

In case the textures are offered independent (not in combination with a model, game, level or whatsoever) You MAY distribute these textures through any electronic media (internet (web/ftp), FIDO, local BBS, Magazine coverdisk etc.), provided you include this readmefile.

In case the content is used by a map, MOD, or any such art work you MAY distribute the UTX/VTF without this readme file provided you DO credit me in your readme, manual, credits screen or any such places.

You MAY NOT use parts of this texture pack to form a new texture pack without my written permission ! Only exception is a maps Mylevel or when used in self made freeware/garage games

You are NOT allowed to modify the original UTX/VTF. I and I alone will be the only person who makes changes and updates to the UTX version.

You MAY NOT charge any money for this content.
This content is for non commercial artwork only. If you do want to use this on commercial base please contact me trough email.

If you have any questions about tis complicated legal part, feel free to email me.
I basically only ask to credit me when you use any of the textures.
I am also very interested in seeing what kind of things are being made with my textures so feel free to email me when you made something cool with them :)

If you haven't seen these before, they'd look good in some dpball maps.  =]

KiLo

• Autococker
Re: Some pretty cool textures
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 02:49:12 PM »
I like the wall textures here but the others I can't exactly figure out how they would be used in pball.

The grass texture that is here looks almost exactly like the grass we have now (unless you have high-res grass).

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 03:21:25 PM »
I like them also.  Here in Springfield, MO, we have an indoor paint ball arena, it's downtown and it looks like a run down urban area, it's very popular.  I think it's old factory or loft that someone just thought would be a good paint ball places.  Some of these tiles reminded me of it.

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 05:03:36 PM »
i like the wall textures/brick textures...
would be nice for some older castle looking maps.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 07:32:31 PM »
Most of these textures need to be used carefully and can't just be slapped on some 1000-foot long wall like many mappers like to do because of tiling issues.  They look good, though.  Probably too high res for even hr4 textures.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 08:11:47 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:21:19 AM by P!nk »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 12:11:15 AM »
The color variation and those gashes will make it tile very poorly, though.  It looks good by itself, but when you put it on a map, you'll see lots of repeating paterns.  I tried reproducing it in filterforge for kicks.  I think I got it pretty close, but like the original texture, it doesn't tile well at all.