Author Topic: Request!: Hi-Quality Up-to-date Screenies  (Read 4111 times)

lekky

• Autococker
Request!: Hi-Quality Up-to-date Screenies
« on: April 28, 2007, 03:05:20 PM »
Can we please get some better screenshots up on the site please, the ones that are there now do the game no justice whatsoever. I know if i see a free game, the first thing I do is check the screenshots and what I see their is 100% of my decision to downlaod the game or not, and right now I wouldn't bother.

So this is a request to someone with decent gfx (ie all settings switched to high) to take some screenshots of maps that look good. I think a good idea would be for people to post their screens here, and we have a vote, or discussion about which ones show the game in the best light!

EDIT: My initial contribution
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 03:37:17 PM by lekky »

basilo

• PGP
Re: Request!: Hi-Quality Up-to-date Screenies
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 03:38:03 PM »
Seconded.

I haven't got the hardware, but a question: Are we restricted to the maps that come with the installer?

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 03:41:12 PM »
I cant remember what maps came with the installer, but im gonna say no as they probably arn't the best looking ones we have.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 05:59:43 AM »
lekky:  You might check out cl_drawhud 0, so it doesn't show your kills/streak / any message on the HUD. ;)

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 10:38:43 AM »
but its better to have them for screenshots right? So someonr can see what they will be playing. You're right about the message tho, it would be better taken while playing.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 04:53:59 PM »
Yeah, the screenshots do need some updating.  I'd like to get a more standard and more complete set of high-res textures before using those, though.  The screenshots you posted all require 3rd party downloads and don't necessarily reflect what you'd see if you just downloaded and installed the game.  Also, a lot of the high-res textures tile very poorly and look worse at a distance than the low-res ones (take your outdoor pbcup_renoir shot, for example), and it looks really inconsistent to have low-res and high-res textures next to each other, but maybe that's just me.

Anyway, vote for it here.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 07:47:29 AM »
Hmm, yeah good point about the textures, they won't see that anyway :/

I don't think we need to vote for it though, before the standard set of hi-res textures is created, you should still update the screenshots to show better looking maps and a bit of reflective water.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 11:58:35 AM »
It helps to have a prioritized list, even for the little things, so I'd appreciate votes just to get it in the queue.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 12:00:27 PM »
What about a vote for the maps that go with the pb2 installer? I think that needs a fresh-up.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 10:45:30 AM »
For now - why don't we just take existing screenshots w/ normal water, and redo them @ higher resoultion w/ reflections.

example:
Small resoltion, old water: http://digitalpaint.planetquake.gamespy.com/images/screenshots/build008_midnight201.jpg

Medium-Higher resolution: w/ reflections:

I would gladly go through and take identical screens of water views w/ default or official hi-res textures, much like what is already on the screens page...

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 12:14:53 PM »
yeah, we should still be able to use newer maps though, after all they probably won't play midnight on any pub!

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 12:24:55 PM »
yeah, we should still be able to use newer maps though, after all they probably won't play midnight on any pub!

I see midnight2 on a few pubs here and there.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 12:26:11 PM »
midnight used to be played 24/7 when I started playing this game, so I think we need some screenshots of maps like shazam33 that are often played today... ;D

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 12:45:19 PM »
Yeah I agree, different, newer maps would be cool.  What we should do is just make a screenshot thread and let people post lots of cool screens, and let Jitspoe pick the best.  I mean, he could shoot screens, but I think we all agree his time is better spent developing.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2007, 12:46:52 PM »
O_O Thats what thios thread was supposed to be!!!! And is what i started doing O_o

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2007, 01:11:58 PM »
lol Lekky, no one appreciates your work :)

But we definately DO NOT NEED any screenshots of shazam33 or ub_cliff or any other newbie map out there!

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2007, 01:45:42 PM »
But we definately DO NOT NEED any screenshots of shazam33 or ub_cliff or any other newbie map out there!

I completely agree.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2007, 03:39:52 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:19:43 AM by P!nk »

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2007, 04:07:42 PM »
lol Lekky, no one appreciates your work :)

For sake of argument, let's say no Shazam or UB_Cliff of any type.