Author Topic: Somthing i would make beter on DPB2  (Read 3337 times)

BETTERPAINT

Somthing i would make beter on DPB2
« on: November 15, 2004, 11:38:07 AM »
Hi all!!!

I thought over Paintball and found some things wich could be cool if they would be in paintball!!!

I´ll put a listing here!!!

1. What aboout a buyscript so that the weapons don´t lay anywhere on the masps but u need money to getter better weapons

2. A script that u can set your keyboard ino other languages

3. A server info if u click with right mouse on a server

4. A "add server by ip adress" so that u can make bigger your sererlist yourself

5. A "ingame speak" with mic

6. More weapons and weapons like pumpguns and other weapons

7. More games like plant the bomb and such things

8. "duckjump"

9. You can see wich weapon a guy/girl has on his/her skin

10. Every etter weapon costs more money then a worse

11. You can take more grenades and a flash grnade would be fine,too

CYA

BETTERPAINT

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Somthing i would make beter on DPB2
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 12:50:29 PM »
1.  I've always hated buy systems.  The skilled players keep getting better and better weapons while the newbies can't afford to buy anything worthwhile, thus broadening the gap between new and experienced players even further.  It would almost be interesting to see the opposite (ie: new players get the better weapons and the skilled players get stuck with pumps).  But seriously, the item pickups are part of the strategy in this game.  Do you rush, or do you equip yourself better?  Do you try to grab that autococker in the middle, or do you wait and ambush the other guy who tries to grab it?

2. Alternate keyboard laout functionality is already there, though there are only layout files for qwerty and dvorak.

3. I'll try to get that in eventually.

4. I can do that.

5. Low priority as there are already plenty of applications out there that you can do this with.

6. There are pump guns.  The current weapons cover a broad range from slow-firing pumps to fully automatics.  Additional weapons would just be redundant.

7. There are quite a few game modes already, though most maps just use the traditional CTF.

8. Jumping people are hard enough to hit as it is :P

9. Yeah... that's been on the TODO list for years, but I want to get the new model system done first, otherwise I'll have to redo all the work.

10. See #1.

11. Grenades are too powerful to be allowed to carry more than one.

Sorry to shoot down so many of your suggestions, but I'm not trying to make a CS clone here.  I do appreciate the feedback, though.

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 06:21:04 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:02:19 PM by IronFist »

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 08:54:54 PM »
dear jits and server admins

This is my official chance to suck up

Thank you for all of your hard work , fairness with such matters as above (#1) .

Iv thought of a alot of good additions ...importing this or that ..howver addons would really change the game is played ..which i would not mind ,
but still ......imagine ur self rushing  into a well placed trip gren..oh the horror
...or worse yet being flashed by a team mate ....ganja look out ...:)

these are good examples of why you should not change a thing baby!!!!!

ok to my point....can u write a way to calculate friendly fire attacks?  then have server temp ban or something opon these said friendly fire violations? ...

most of this i realize are server side options

why was the freeze added whilst i spray thee?.......to limit spraying
.. if admin decides to run true championship tourney wtih friendly fire as a serious part of the game ...this wouldl be a great addition ...

btw everyone thank aura for teaching loial all he knows about dp
and thank mut for letting loial whoop him daily and nightly

sorry about the veribage ..im at work ..i better go before i get fired

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2004, 07:28:17 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:21:08 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Voiney

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2004, 05:48:50 PM »
I know I only played a demo or whatever and i dont mean to be rude. But this game was acually AWFUL. the first one was 20x better.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2004, 02:24:16 PM »
First one being QWPB?

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2004, 08:42:21 PM »
... off subject

can you equip a punkbuster or something ? ..i will pay for the subscription list

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2004, 09:27:55 PM »
I plan to implement some anti-cheat stuff.  I don't know that I want to go with something main-stream like punkbuster.  It seems there are always hacks and cracks coming out to get around punkbuster, however it will be much less likely that someone will make a crack solely for Paintball2.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2004, 07:23:51 PM »
tell me about it ..america's army is almost unplayable all most one hack a round ....and they dont even bother hiding it 12 one shot/kill head shots with in 20 sec fo spawning ....pathetic...worst thing is they know how to distresses the punkbuster server so it starts looping when the pb admin tries the kick (name not on file)

anyhow i found somthing on a post on ALL OUT OF GAMES ...back in feb 04 . I dont want to get specific but it is slightly contrary to what i was reading in earlier post  ....can you clairify this topic here or have you already ???  i will wait for your responce
till i say more

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2004, 07:36:00 PM »
Not sure what you're talking about -- a thread on this forum?

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2004, 07:00:31 AM »
I used to play America's Army but i found there are more people who hack there then in DP, and they can pypass the PunkBuster hack block some how....
The game is ok but the training is merry because it takes like for ever for the first aid ones.
A Digital Paint boot camp that teaches you how to bind keys/shoot/change skins/player names/everything that is needed for a new player to get on his/her way, its kinda like a totourial....

-Termin8oR

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2004, 08:46:10 AM »
I have plans for a training map, but that will come later...

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2004, 09:28:35 AM »
cool, hope its really good... i would love to help if you need any jitspoe. contact me on mIRC or send me a private message on here and i'll help you out.
Thankz

-Termin8oR

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2004, 10:08:06 PM »
no jits the post was on "alloutofgames.com" or somehting ?? tis was aboot bot protection back in feb fryth and some others were commenting i think on how stupid the ai was

please dont make jumping a main factor i suck :(   i will never get entirely how thats done
......somebody mentioned somehting about 64bit  jumps or something wtf is that