Author Topic: Ban People  (Read 1444 times)

gotmtdew

• PGP
Ban People
« on: March 07, 2007, 10:48:01 PM »
I was wondering if there was a way to ban certain people. Seems the temp bans for *so many minutes*  but for some reason the person was able to come back in about a hour later. i set it to more then 1 hour ban and it worked before but stopped working. Is there a way to ban certain people? I have my server up for anyone to play, and there has been a lot of traffic lately. I am very thrilled that a lot of people keep coming back and I have even started my own Clan and it has moved rather quickly the past week and a half since opening it. Again I am thankful so many wanted/want to join it. I just have the occasional players that want to start trouble/complain about lag but yet the other 15 people that are   playing are not complaining. There are some rules setup but I guess those that complain do not read the rules. I am not here to criticize anyone. I was just wondering about banning those that should not be there so that the Players that want to play and Enjoy playing on My Server can still play.

Thank You for your help.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
Re: Ban People
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 11:12:34 PM »
I think the command is "addip". But I'm not sure.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 11:18:08 PM »
tban playerid minutes i.e. tban 3 200 OR sv_addip iphere through rcon if you have their ip

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 01:06:18 AM »
listuserip
addip
writeip

gotmtdew

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 08:25:00 PM »
listuserip
addip
writeip

Jitspoe,

When you do the addip and then writeip and post it both times, does that really work? I have had others come back in, is that because they got a new ip address?

Also I have someone at the University of Penn. that is coming in my server and telling people they are in DeW when they have no right. They have used 2 ips so far. I would hate to ban the whole domain, but at this point it leaves me no choice. Could you please advise how I would do this?
ips:
68.157.5.184 --
68.210.37.215 -- these two are the same location must have renewed his ip address.
165.123.99.212 -- this one is from the university of penn.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 11:50:51 AM »
Addip just adds the ip to the ban list.  If they get a different IP, they can reconnect.  You can ban the first part of the ip, though like:

addip 12.34

That would ban 12.34.*.*