Author Topic: Introducing DP-Community.co.nr  (Read 3332 times)

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Introducing DP-Community.co.nr
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 12:02:22 AM »
I don't know any CSS or have any decent image editing software, I want to use drupal but can't skin for it.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2007, 07:28:43 PM »
For starters download GIMP (http://www.gimp.org/) GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program, imaging Photoshop, but free.  I have Photoshop CS3 and I can tell a big difference, but if you have PS7 or older, you'd like GIMP.

A specialized build of GIMP called GIMPShop is available here http://www.computerdefense.org/gimpshop/gimpshop_2.2.8_fix1_setup.exe (Win 98+, Newest version). GIMPShop is designed to look and act like Photoshop.

There, now you have a decent image editing program...

2nd, CSS is a big part of web design, but remember, web standards suck.  No site can ever be validated with both correct xHTML & CSS.. it's just not possible.  (Any good, normal looking site.)  Don't throw standards out completely, but do realize there are a lot of small hacks you'll have to use to get your IE6 sites looking like IE7 and even Firefox.  Only one or two known browsers are perfectly CSS compatible.  (See the Acid2 Test, and Opera.) 

If you'd like a basic tutorial of CSS just ask, and I'll gladly put one in the Off-topic discussion board.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2007, 07:47:18 PM »
Gimp makes me cry. Considerably better to pirate photoshop, even if you're against piracy.
Also, gimpshop is a lie. It's gimp... in a window. Or, that's what happened to me. :P

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2007, 07:48:57 PM »
Gimp makes me cry. Considerably better to pirate photoshop, even if you're against piracy.

I happen to be very much against piracy.  I wouldn't steal from your work place, please don't steal from our industry...  I happen to own Photoshop CS2 (and CS3 beta), and I am simply stating that since ViciouZ is 14, and does not already have Photoshop, I recommend he get GIMP.  ViciouZ if you ever aspire to work in the computer industry, I recommend you don't pirate.  You'll sleep better at night.