Author Topic: Start Server Game Mode  (Read 1313 times)

KiLo

• Autococker
Start Server Game Mode
« on: May 09, 2007, 01:00:17 PM »
When I start my server it starts on shazam33 only the game mode is a DM. Is there any way I could do like a +mode CTF or something like that in the target line so it will start as CTF instead?

EDIT: I am also thinking that it may be the map for some reason because I started the server with propaint1 and it did CTF just fine..

b00nlander

• Autococker
Re: Start Server Game Mode
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 01:16:57 PM »
Propaint1 probably just has no DM mode set up.

But as for your question:  There must be a variable that stores the default mode, and I'd like to know that one as well, as on MeMi Match the standard game mode is set to "1-flag". (it is a setting you can change in your menu, but whats the according variable?)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 02:20:42 PM »
ctfmode "2" for 2flag mode

There's also a g_forcedgamemode in the newer version.  Game modes are also controlled by the mapinfo files for maps that are in rotation.  When you first start a server, though, ctfmode is what's used.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 03:05:32 PM »
strange. both my servers say "ctfmode = 2"
yet it tries to load the maps in 1-flag mode first, and then according to the votes, then mapinfo file, I think.  Of course only gamemodes from the mapinfo file would be used in that, if I'm right.

could you specify how g_forcedgamemode works, please?

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 03:33:22 PM »
When you first start a server, though, ctfmode is what's used.

That's my problem though, it starts as a DM instead of CTF (at least on shaz33).

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 05:53:04 PM »
b00nlander: it cycles through the modes in the mapinfo file.  So if it played CTF mode last time, next time it will be 1-flag (unless people vote specifically for ctf mode).

g_forcedgamemode uses the text name: ctf, dm, 1flag, koth, pong, etc.  It will only use that mode if the map supports it, though.

KiLo: just put "+set ctfmode 2" in the command line.  That should fix it.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 05:59:41 PM »
KiLo: just put "+set ctfmode 2" in the command line.  That should fix it.

In the words of Borat: Very Nice! ;D

Thanks for the quick help.