Author Topic: Why can't I use my clan tag?  (Read 3210 times)

the-elementalist

• PGP
Why can't I use my clan tag?
« on: June 16, 2007, 08:26:11 PM »
As the admins who are most likely to answer this question already know, I recently made a clan, but now I have a problem. I added my clan tag to the front of my name, but now, any time I enter a game, I get kicked with the message 'you are not authorised to use this clan tag'. Can someone tell me how to authorise it so I can play with my clan tag, as well as how I get others authorised to use the tag.   

BliZzaRd

• Stingray
Re: Why can't I use my clan tag?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 08:53:27 PM »
make sure youre using one of your registered names letter for letter and try takin the color out... sometimes when they are too long and in color they tend to not work

-<VQ>BliZz

the-elementalist

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 09:17:54 PM »
Okay, it'll work without the colour, except if I do that, I can place any name in front of the tag, and it'll work. Is there any way I can stop that?

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 09:20:55 PM »
I can place any name in front of the tag, and it'll work.

That is the problem tags generally go in front of the  name, so try doing it that way and see what happens.

BliZzaRd

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 09:21:49 PM »
in front? i think theyre designed to go before the name and make sure ur tag is correct like im <VQ> but .VQ. will work with everyone

make sure ur tag is exact and than use ur name and if it doesnt work with color try makin a shorter alias... i wanted to be <VQ>BliZzaRd but it didnt work so now im just BliZz

-<VQ>BliZz

the-elementalist

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 09:35:11 PM »
Okay, My tag is exactly as the clan tag is (the clan tag is
[{AAA}] ) and I've made a smaller alias (a copyright symbol T-E and then another copyright symbol) yet I am still getting kicked from online servers.

There's one thing that I can think of that might be causing this, I'll put it here, but I doubt it's the cause;

I am the leader of the clan, but do I need to actually be a member as well to use the tag?

Any ideas now guys?

BliZzaRd

• Stingray
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 09:55:17 PM »
and I've made a smaller alias (a copyright symbol T-E and then another copyright symbol) yet I am still getting kicked from online servers.

Any ideas now guys?

theres your problem... you didnt register E as a name did you... whats your registered dplogin name? you can only use the tag before names that u have registered in dplogin

the-elementalist

• PGP
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 10:04:47 PM »
My registered name is theelementalist
And the clan tag is [{AAA}]
If this helps you, could you please tell me exactly how to put the name in (inside the game)? Or do I need place another, small name under my account info?

Also, if I do have to put in another name, will I still be able to log-in as I have been (as in, when I log-in to the Global Login System inside the game (build018))?

BliZzaRd

• Stingray
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2007, 10:15:32 PM »
add a name to your account... you can only play as [{AAA}]theelementalist right now... you can only play as what you have registered

the-elementalist

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2007, 10:39:20 PM »
Before I do something I'll regret (namely sending my keyboard out of my window), I think I'll just stick with putting in white.

No colour, no fuss.

And besides, by the looks of things, this clan ain't going to be to big, and I doubt anyone will steal our tag.

BliZzaRd

• Stingray
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2007, 10:43:27 PM »
make a new name if u wanna play as lets say [{AAA}]Elem3nt... you need to register elemnt as a name without the 3 nd than u can play... try it

the-elementalist

• PGP
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2007, 11:33:58 PM »
I'm still getting kicked... and with the same problems as before. Without colour, my clan tag will work fine, but then any name can be used, and with colour... well, you know the story.

If you've got any ideas left, let me know, but otherwise, thanks for the name, I'd never thought of it and I quite like it :)!

EDIT:
Oh my god - elem3nt wont work, but elemnt will... go figure! Okay, so now that I know what works and what doesn't, I guess it's time for me to say this;

Jitspoe, I've used all 3 of my names, I wish to delete te and replace it with elem3nt (or element if that 3 wont work).

Can someone help me with this endeavour?

BliZzaRd

• Stingray
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2007, 05:41:19 AM »
Private message jitspoe asking him to delete your names. I saw you playing last night... glad it worked

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2007, 06:46:18 AM »
Actually just go and post your request in the Name Deletion/Addition Thread

the-elementalist

• PGP
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 01:12:25 AM »
Oh, you saw me playing? Who were you...?

BliZzaRd

• Stingray
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 04:48:44 AM »
I saw [{AAA}]TheElementalist on serverbrowser... idk who else it would have been haha I wasn't actually in the game

-<VQ>BliZz

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 06:40:04 PM »
make a new name if u wanna play as lets say [{AAA}]Elem3nt... you need to register elemnt as a name without the 3 nd than u can play... try it
Actually, it saves alphanumerics, so you need the 3 registered.  If you did something like "Elem#nt", where # isn't an alpha or number, then you'd register "Elemnt".  The name registration will automatically strip out non alphanumerics, so you can just paste your name in exactly as you have it in the game (minus the clan tag).

BliZzaRd

• Stingray
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 06:47:54 PM »
my bad jits... got it wrong sorry

the-elementalist

• PGP
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 02:40:17 AM »
Thanks for the help guys, though I'm going to stick with another alias that I like 'theaxis'... I find WWII fascinating.