Author Topic: players start with weapons  (Read 1034 times)

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
players start with weapons
« on: June 21, 2007, 02:48:05 PM »
how do you make a map give players guns, hoppers, ammo, and co2 when the round starts?

More specifically, how do you give different players different weapons.

Also, how do you place a weapon on the map. How do you specify WHICH weapon you want in what place?

My first map is coming along pretty nicely, though not nearly anything great.

KiLo

• Autococker
Re: players start with weapons
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 02:54:04 PM »
To give a player a weapon or to randomize weapon distribution you need to create a .ent file.

To place a weapon on the map I believe there is a entity for it on BSP and then you enter a number to get a certain type of weapon. I am not completely sure about this though. So wait for a BSP expert to come on instead of me.

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 02:55:28 PM »
There is an entity for placing the weapons, but it doesn't tell you where to
specify WHICH weapon you want in what place

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 02:56:52 PM »
Hmm don't know then. I myself have never created a map but I have downloaded BSP and fooled around.

Check out this link to create a .ent file:
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=1337.0

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 05:31:52 PM »
On an info_player_deathmatch (spawn) you add a key called givegun with a value depending on the weapon (carbine, spyder, etc) click on the ? button for more help, or on the ? button while selecting a weapon_pballgun entity for the different names of the weapons.
To put a weapon on the floor use the weapon_pballgun entity, again, click on the ? button for help.

EDIT: In fact, check out this link with entity reference: http://digitalpaint.planetquake.gamespy.com/testwiki1/pb2wiki.php?word=Entities

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 12:40:36 PM »
You don't need to create an .ent file if you are creating a new map.  That's just for tweaking existing maps.