Author Topic: How do I DIRECTLY connect to a friend?  (Read 4305 times)

Davv

Re: How do I DIRECTLY connect to a friend?
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2007, 12:34:32 PM »
What I tried to do was start a LAN game, and have him join.  He is NOT ON MY LAN. So maybe it would work for other people, but not me, even though I opened up the port. So, if I start a server, could I do what I want with it? Or are the servers that you linked me to just an auto-run game that I can't add any bots to?

My friend and I like to play together in a game that we can change the settings in, like addbot, and all of the gravity settings and stuff. That's all we're trying to do. Is there a way that won't be too laggy? Because I know that I tried to get a server running for CS 1.6, but that was horrible...

Davv

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2007, 03:32:04 PM »
How do you do this? Every time I try to get into the server, it doesn't even ask for a password, it just says, "Bad Password; Connection Refused", or something like that.

Davv

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2007, 03:32:51 PM »
^^^ Talking about the server link.

Matze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2007, 03:46:21 PM »
1. Those servers are hosted by clans and are free for others to use, though they normally just give out lvl 50 login (automatically), so you can't change gravity and add bots.
2.If it says bad password on a server you want to join, you've got to type "password <thepassword>" into console.
If you register a server about that link it should give you the server password, that's the one you need for joining the server, and the login password makes you able to log in to the server in order to change maps ( open up console, "login <loginpassword>" ).

If you start a new game, have checed firewall, ports ect he should be able to join through your external IP.