Author Topic: DodgeBrawl (B5 Download/B6 In Progress)  (Read 21020 times)

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
Re: New (Old?) Map Dodge Brawl Beta 5
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2009, 05:12:38 AM »
I added the airstrike to kind of prevent people from camping and hiding, and also each team has one spawnpoint on the other side also, for the same reason, i thought that a map like this would be "camping heaven", as its a bit hard for players to shoot at every corner of the map

Please. Read. Although when I have time to finish this map, I might consider removing them.

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
Re: DodgeBrawl (Beta 6 In Progress)
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2013, 11:11:08 PM »
Work on this map has now continued.
Beta 6 of DodgeBrawl in progress.

Refer to opening post for details. Could I also get a moderator/administrator to move this back to Beta/In Progress? Thanks a bunch.

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
Re: DodgeBrawl (B5 Download/B6 In Progress)
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2013, 11:12:13 PM »
Sorry for the multiple posts, but I figure it's alright with a 3 week gap.

I've been trying to get the poly count down, but with the lack of layout planning on my part, as well as the amount of aesthetic details that I have on the map, it's virtually impossible to get it to respectable levels without sacrificing the overall look. Re-doing the map layout to make it function well will also make it seem like a brand new map, so I've decided to avoid that option as well.

A lack of recent feedback also doesn't help me much in terms of what needs fixing apart from aesthetic changes. Therefore, my current plan is to add some final touches to this map and get it closer to (if not into) the final version. The map is definitely still playable, even enjoyable and unique if I do say so myself, but obviously your FPS may suffer a decrease.

So, anything I should consider changing?

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2013, 08:43:57 PM »
Here is some quick feedback. Overall, it's a really good team DM map. I haven't tested gameplay yet, but it would probably be good if it weren't for the r_speeds. I understand that it would be really hard to get rid of all that w_poly without drastically changing your map, but something needs to be done in order to curb those high r_speeds. My suggestion is to make your map a little less damaged-looking, because right now there are a lot of little brushes that could be affecting the r_speeds.

You did a really good job on this map, so the screenshots will be pointing out very minor flaws.

1st sshot: Add a wall or something here so it doesn't look like you're walking into an invisible wall when you hit the sky brush.

2nd sshot: I don't like how you have to climb a ladder and then walk on that ridge to get to that room. It should just be that you have to climb that ladder and then you're in the room.

3rd sshot: The missing section of this ramp looks a little out of place for some reason. No big deal.

4th sshot: Maybe make the gun a little better, like a spyder or carbine. Just a suggestion.

5th sshot: I doubt anyone will notice, but that piece of fence looks weird.

6th sshot: misaligned textures.

7th sshot: A sniveling coward can hide behind this crate and it will be impossible to shoot them. You might want to think about that.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2013, 11:30:50 PM »
Played beta5 a bit.  It seems a bit darker than I remembered.  Sometimes it's difficult to spot people.

Do you plan on keeping spawns on the enemy side of the base, or was that a bug?

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2013, 03:53:16 PM »
It was a "lazy" semi-fix to prevent players from camping permanently behind unreachable spots: knowing that one person on your side can actually shoot you means you'd either be slightly more alert, taking your attention away from the opposite side, or you would go hunt them down, thus making you an accessible target to the other side for a longer period of time.

I'm not sure if I should keep it, if I manage to eliminate all the unreachable areas, then I probably will.