Author Topic: Suggestions for build 20  (Read 1333 times)

play3r1

• VM-68
Suggestions for build 20
« on: July 06, 2007, 08:53:01 PM »
Ok, a bunch of noobs were telling me that build 20 was out and that I should download it. I didn't really notice what build they had though. I looked all around the web and couldn't find it, but I think if it were out, it would be in the files section of this site. I don't believe them anymore. You guys probably wouldn't believe this, but a few days ago I saw someone with build 14!!!! I probably couldn't find build 14 if I tried.

Ok, here are some suggestions for build 20. dp is one of the best internet games ever, because it constantly gets updated and everyone can add ideas to it. There need to be more hud features, there are blank spots in the hud that could be filled with useful things. To the right of where it shows how many shots you have left in your c02 container, they would have a flag appearing there when you have the flag in possesssion, just like when a nade appears when it's in your possession. There would be room for it on the hud. Also, I think the target NEEDS to be a bit more visible, it should be 20% larger and not only have the + shaped figure, but also have an O in the middle of the + with 75% of the +'s diameter and the entire target should be black, white isn't always that easy to see, red would work too. Or/and, you should be able to adjust your targets color on the setup menu or even it's shape. Another feature that should be added to the hud screen should be a compus pointing to the flag, in situations that some1 dropped the flag. The directional one should be like the one in medal of honor, it points to the direction and indicates the distance, and there should be a height compus next to it too to see what level the flag is on, just like the one on spider-man 2. And the possesor of the flag, their compus would then change to the direction where the flag needs to be returned. In addition to that, you should have a radar on the hud screen, it would be round and you would be the black dot always in the center and a dot the color of the team would be all around you in the direction they are to you, white dots would be teammates. You would have room for all this hud, it wouldn't be bad to have it there and probably wouldn't take a whole lot of work. This would make this already way awesome game even better. I hope some of this was helpful.

Cobo

• Autococker
Re: Suggestions for build 20
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 08:57:54 PM »
It probably would've been best if you posted this on the 'Feature vote thread'

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 09:07:31 PM »
Feel free to make your own crosshair. I don't think there should be an indicator for the flag itself, but some indicator for where the base is would be nice. Radar, also no. I think on-screen indicators would be much better. For one thing, you'd be able to tell much faster where teammates are, and you get (the illusion of) an extra dimension.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 03:19:38 AM »
Also, I think the target NEEDS to be a bit more visible, it should be 20% larger and not only have the + shaped figure

it should be 20% smaller

Chef-Killer

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 05:57:34 AM »

DeadZero0

• Stingray
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 09:57:44 AM »
A suggestion, it'd take quite a bit of work, but probaly help some people out, finding friends, clan members, etc. without being on irc. A in game search box type thing. Not actaully while playing, but like a search you can use when you're at the menu and startup screen. 

The target being able to change on the setup menu is a good idea. However the size right now is fine. makes the game fun =). THe height compass for the flag is deff. not needed. I think a radar type thing would be nice at times to show where campers are. But...that would ruin the fun. Maybe radars in certain maps...eh.

Nice suggestions, it's nice to see people interested in giving ideas to make the game better. =D

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 10:17:59 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions.  Unfortunately, I get a lot more feature requests than I could possibly implement, so I started a voting thread for feature requests here so I can prioritize them: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=5060.0

As for the crosshair, there are a number of different crosshairs included with the game, just go to the console and type "crosshair #", where # is a number from 1 to 13.