Author Topic: Some new ideas  (Read 1058 times)

the-elementalist

• PGP
Some new ideas
« on: July 23, 2007, 12:04:07 AM »
After watching highlights on youtube of my favourite childhood show Gladiators (Australian version, since, you know, that's where I live) and I thought about how some of the games could be turned into maps. I've already started working on some for my friends and I, but I'll admit I'm much better at playing the game than I am at map making, but, some ideas up for anyone who wants to make them, and if someone has an idea to help fill in some of these blanks, I'd love it so I could make the rest of them;

Duel: Pretty Boring, 1v1, even if you allowed them to use the bottom, it'd still be bland
The Wall: Giant ladders don't sound to interesting.
Powerball: Using the baskets as cover, and the ball dispensers as flag bases could be interesting. And if you get pushed out of the ring, dead!
Suspension Bridge: The giant bridge in the middle, flags at either end with the option to run down the bottom (clip in the middle to stop players entering other side, unless they use the bridge)
Hit & Run: Similar to Suspension Bridge, but with platforms on the side. And if anyone knows how to make giant swinging balls, that's even better  ;)
Pyramid: With a white flag at the top for KOTH or 1-flag?
Atlaspheres: If you can be bothered making huge balls out of chain textures for cover, sure. And the scoring pods for KOTH maybe?
Gauntlet: Would have to put lots of structures that represent the blocks that the Gladiators use.
Tilt: You can't make tilting platforms anyway I don't think
Hang Tough: I'd love to make this one, but the only thing I could think of was a whole bunch of little platforms you'd have to jump to, and if you fell, dead!
Eliminator: Now this'd be nuts, with flags at the end, but maybe you'd need see through walls (not clips, you can still shoot through those) to make it a proper eliminator.

Let's see what we get.

y00tz

• Autococker
Re: Some new ideas
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 07:30:14 AM »
Powerball would be kinda cool, maybe just a pgp map with 10 paintballs that repawn from the same spot.

It's pretty silly, but nonethless, just as cool.

Corporal Perez

• Stingray
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 07:39:44 AM »
i dont get powerball?

the-elementalist

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 12:58:35 AM »
Powerball would be kinda cool, maybe just a pgp map with 10 paintballs that repawn from the same spot.

It's pretty silly, but nonethless, just as cool.

That'd be pretty cool... oh and I had a brain wave for Hit&Run, but I'd need to know if a) if you make moving objects, can they knock players around, and b) how to make moving objects. I read something about it in the help files on bsp editor, but that didn't make to much sense.

And Corporal, what is it you don't get about powerball?