Author Topic: Problem. Can't play.  (Read 1728 times)

Lartza

• PGP
Problem. Can't play.
« on: October 11, 2007, 10:38:00 PM »
Hi! Paintball 2 is such a good game and I play it on my WinXP, but I can't run the game on my Ubuntu 7.04. The program starts, I press PLAY and then Start A New Game. Then I select map and everytihng and press Play. Console shows up as transparent and in the behind there is main menu. Nothing can't be done, but restart X-server. I didn't notice any errors there. It just tilts. I will try it third time and look for any errors.

Another problem. My friend with a windows gets a "Memory can't be read" or was it "(File) can't be read. Ill ask him more today. Hi had that same problem with earlier build.

Thanks for helpers!

EDIT:I forgot ty mention my computer specs: 800mhz, Nvidia GeForce FX5500 (with 3d acceleration on), 256mb ram, and an Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

(PS. The game has worked earlier in my Ubuntu. I think it was still the build18? But it still worked.)

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
Re: Problem. Can't play.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 12:02:42 AM »
For the Ubuntu, are you using 64-bit? If so, pick up the patch on the downloads page.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 05:12:56 AM »
The first time you load B19 it has to generate a random seed to use for global login things.  On Windows this takes a fraction of a second, in Linux it takes a few minutes.  Just leave it be for a while (moving your mouse and pressing keys might speed this up too) and it'll eventually load.

Lartza

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 10:31:05 AM »
The first time you load B19 it has to generate a random seed to use for global login things.  On Windows this takes a fraction of a second, in Linux it takes a few minutes.  Just leave it be for a while (moving your mouse and pressing keys might speed this up too) and it'll eventually load.
It worked a little time. Then I changed some options and BOOM! Everytime I move (press W) game crashes. I changed the settings back and still. I'm in trouble. Plz help me out!

Lartza

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 03:54:08 AM »
It worked a little time. Then I changed some options and BOOM! Everytime I move (press W) game crashes. I changed the settings back and still. I'm in trouble. Plz help me out!
Please help! The game crashes. Is there any log to see what causes the crash?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 06:56:14 PM »
You might be better off running the windows version with WINE.  The native Linux version is pretty unstable.