Author Topic: New Songs want yall Input  (Read 1269 times)

atmays

• Autococker
New Songs want yall Input
« on: August 31, 2007, 01:13:12 AM »
Check out 2 of our new tracks. Much better quality.

www.myspace.com/hotbeatsent

If you dont like rap then not for you.

New TRacks are - Count That Money and Dont Try It

S8NSSON

• Autococker
Re: New Songs want yall Input
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 07:21:17 AM »
Aight...you asked for it.

First off...i'm a stupid donkey white boy from Atlanta so I don't know excrement so what I have to say means nothing.
I have been in the music business for more than 20 years, and even recorded some rap back in '87-'89 (http://lords8n.zilla-clan.net/music/hardnbizzy/).

I listened to the four songs you have up on your MySpace several times focusing on the two new tracks more closely.
So here's what I think...

Beats: The beats are overall good, interesting, have some nice breaks, and do the job of anchoring the raps nicely. Where I have issue is in the sounds chosen for the beats and accompanying music. They sound extremely cheap and very electronic. With the style of your rapping I would expect the music to have a little more balls, and be less digital sounding.

Raps: The raps are pretty good. They flow from one section to the next very well. The changes and breaks are interesting enough. Kind of hard for me to make out all the lyrics, but that is expected in almost any music out there. There are two main issues I have with your raps. No.1, it sounds like you are in your mothers house trying to rap a very energetic sound without disturbing the neighbors. In other words, it doesn't sound like you guys are hitting the vocal tone to match the energy of the raps. No.2, while the rhymes flow nicely, for the most part, there are portions where the raps get very rigid in their delivery and rhymes. Kind of like they are being read straight off of a sheet of paper.

EDIT: One other thing....sound like you use a lot of chorus, or some other effect, on the vocals that I didn't much care for. Rather hear a more solid straight forward voice.

Overall those are some good songs. You can tell they were thought out, and not just thrown together in an afternoon of 40's and blunts before filling the driveby quota for the night. Those songs are very close to what I would hear if I turned on the local Atlanta homeboy rap stations here. Good party-style hip-hop/rap. I could see the boys parked up under a shade tree detailing their rides on a hot summer afternoon with these songs blasting from their rides. Couple ho's dancing off to the side...

Peace.....

Keith

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 08:38:16 AM »
First off...i'm a stupid donkey white boy from Atlanta so I don't know excrement so what I have to say means nothing.

How can you be from Atlanta and not know about rap? ;D

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 09:24:43 PM »
Thats whats up s8n. I was lookin for somethin like that. We did the new songs in one of my boy studio, and the others was in my old studio before being rebuilt. We are workin towards the more professional quality and im surprised that s8n knows a little bout the music buis.

Thanks for Input

And I hope someone else will post a comment here.

I got a lot of xfire and AIM messages though

Magical-Tree

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 06:24:23 AM »
Rofl. Whack.

Gangster rap is dead and stupid. Get with the times.

~MT

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 07:11:10 AM »
Rofl. Whack.

Gangster rap is dead and stupid. Get with the times.

~MT

True day homie. ;D

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 10:57:57 AM »
Everbody needs haters

Thanks to Magical and Kilo for being added to the list

We do what we live bro

Not gone be on some walk it out or crank da soilder boy type music when we dont dance. We in the streets.

I wouldnt call it gangsta rap I will call it life or real rap.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 11:00:49 AM »
Well I can't say that I hate since I like songs like 2pac - Hit 'Em Up but it has just gotten annoying to here the same type of stuff over and over again.

For instance, now a days most songs that come out from this genre I acutally like the music to but I get tired of hearing the words.