Author Topic: target_temp_entity woes  (Read 1006 times)

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
target_temp_entity woes
« on: August 30, 2007, 06:03:05 AM »
I need a target_temp_entity to carry on repeating the effect for the entire duration of the map. I tried triggering it with a trigger_always, but it doesn't do anything... Basically, in my new city siege map belaruse, I made some big factories and I want smoke puffs from the chimneys. I have the smoke puffs working but I need them to carry on triggering.

Edit: Trigger_always is now working... but the temp entities only appear once.

Edit2: Got it going, but every time it fires I get the message Warning: Entity Used Itself. Which is true... but I don't need that when playing the map.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 09:57:13 AM by ViciouZ »

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
Re: target_temp_entity woes
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 01:36:08 PM »
Why not use a func_timer and point it to trigger the smoke at regular intervals?

might be a little less hassle!

- Dagless

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 01:55:06 PM »
How can I get it to repeat?

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 02:00:40 PM »
create a func_timer entity and set the key 'wait' to how long you want the interval to be in seconds (you can use decimals). target your smoke entity with it, and make sure start_on spawn flag is set on the timer (the checkbox on the entity window).

It should trigger the smoke puffs every time the interval counts down, starting from the moment the map loads.

- Rick D

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 02:20:55 PM »
Wow, take that was right... just had to have a little patience, waiting for something like this. Cheers mate.