Author Topic: how to get my server to work  (Read 1710 times)

SpitFire

• PGP
how to get my server to work
« on: August 27, 2007, 04:12:46 PM »
my server works i can get into it  but nobody can join my server and nobody sees it so can someone plz help me in anyway possible

SpitFire

i have mIRC so u can talk to me their my name is [aB-t]SpitFire so talk to me or reply to it

Apocalypse

• Autococker
Re: how to get my server to work
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 05:30:29 PM »
A couple things for you to try/check ...
1. Does your server config have public set to 1
2. Try typing in exec myserver.cfg or whatever you saved your server config as.
3. Check your IP at ipchicken.com then look if it shows up on the serverlist here http://dplogin.com/serverlist.php

wildchild22

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 05:26:35 PM »
i checked my ip at ipchicken.com and then looked for it in dplogin.com/serverlist.php and theres like 12 of them. And nobody can see my server still

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 06:06:04 PM »
what is your ip address and the port that you are using

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 06:49:20 PM »
i checked my ip at ipchicken.com and then looked for it in dplogin.com/serverlist.php and theres like 12 of them. And nobody can see my server still
I think that jitspoe's heatbeat script should query the servers to see if they get anything before foolishly adding another ip/port to the list.  These days there's usually 30 garbage servers on the list from people who cannot setup their router properly.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 10:38:26 PM »
I think that jitspoe's heatbeat script should query the servers to see if they get anything before foolishly adding another ip/port to the list.  These days there's usually 30 garbage servers on the list from people who cannot setup their router properly.

Agreed.

This sounds like a port forwarding problem to me.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 04:31:46 AM »
* KnacK is guilty of that right now
* KnacK scratches his head wondering why his server still isn't working.....

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 12:56:51 PM »
Problem is, when the server sends a heartbeat to the server on whatever particular random port it may be, that port will be open for responses, so if I query it, chances are, it will all work OK.  I've considered restricting allowed port ranges to like 279XX, but some existing servers run on crazy port numbers.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 01:17:21 PM »
Problem is, when the server sends a heartbeat to the server on whatever particular random port it may be, that port will be open for responses, so if I query it, chances are, it will all work OK.  I've considered restricting allowed port ranges to like 279XX, but some existing servers run on crazy port numbers.

Yeah, I understand, but maybe removing stale servers a little quicker would be better.