Author Topic: Leak in "jump"  (Read 1950 times)

b00nlander

• Autococker
Leak in "jump"
« on: July 12, 2005, 12:45:49 PM »
Hey, I have encountered some leak-bug in the map "Jump" yesterday. When i spawned, i spawned outside of the map and finally landed on top of it, so i couldnt interact or go back in etc.
So, what I did was reconnecting, and just like 2 or 3 rounds later, the same happened again, so that might be something you wanna be looking at, as it is not a 1 timer.

And, besides that, here is a suggestion for the next build (or the one after):
The game lacks an admin-option for moving players to to different teams. Like, if its a 4on6, the admin should be able to move one to the other team to even it up. I dont think that option exists yet, although i might have missed something :)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Leak in "jump"
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 01:02:25 PM »
Actually, it does, but it's undocumented: forcejoin <player id #> <team>.

As for jump, I've never seen or heard of that happening before.  What server was it on?  Has anybody else experienced this?

Inside

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 02:27:08 PM »
Yea the same "bug" was on our server (sForce Server) , too.
It was the map pbcup but the same bug. 3-4 people walked on top the map like they were observeres with noclip.

But we were "ingame".

greetz

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 03:41:21 PM »
You don't by chance have a pbcup.ent file that's specifying spawns outside of the level, do you?

Inside

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 05:10:46 PM »
No, and the strange thin about it is, that it was just one time, not before it and not after it.

Just one time...

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 02:04:22 AM »
well, it must have been either IOD or sForce server.... and for the command: thx :D and at that time, it was only me spawning outside.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 11:30:24 AM »
Spawnhax! ;)  But seriously, if it happens again, keep tabs on when/where it happened.

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 12:29:10 PM »
I think its just the server, when uploading the map it could have set the spawns higher, or farther out then its spose to be... Its all in the server I think.

-Termin8oR