Author Topic: Whats it doing?  (Read 3631 times)

Bix

• Autococker
Whats it doing?
« on: October 20, 2007, 09:13:02 AM »
I thought the dp commitee was here to help the game...from recent observation using forums and IRC I doesn't seem to appear that way. Just seems like ban now, don't ask questions later, then ban some more. I mean, on my account thing it SAYS I need to make a new account. Reason I wont? Anyone want to guess? Because I am almost 100% I will get banned for 32 on the "you know better bs"; even though it says the real version is now live blababla make a new account. Look how many people are getting banned for having 2 accounts, when I can almost say for 100%, 1 account was never used, or used once. Then the password was forgot or such.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Whats it doing?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 09:16:00 AM »
The real version has been live for a few months now, that really shouldn't be a problem. Anyway, now we know, make an account. You won't be banned, as long as you don't use the new one to join different clans or such. And if you are getting that message, it probably means your old account was deleted.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 10:30:26 AM »
I thought the dp commitee was here to help the game...from recent observation using forums and IRC I doesn't seem to appear that way. Just seems like ban now

Heh, I guess they opted against a final warning or a grace period?

I'm still curious when we'll learn about the decisions on previously addressed items to the committee's docket.. but alas, the unbelievable decision to make the committee's forums private, as if to say we're not entitled to know what's being discussed in DP's future... what good is a committee if the community (the remaining 95% of DP players) has no idea what the hell is going on?

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 10:56:53 AM »
We are not allowed to share the contents of the private forum. Why? Information is released there that could prove harmful if the right person got his hands on it. Stuff like emails and IPs.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 11:14:09 AM »
Couldn't you make a policy that forbids release of private info and still share reasonable information?

But as to bans, if folks are violating rules then bans are not bad. 

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 11:32:44 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:05:06 AM by P!nk »

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 02:05:38 PM »
I just believe it has a negative aspect on many parts of the game. Let people play, unless people are DOUBLE CLANNING, who really cares? If they are double clanning it isn't hard to tell, same IP, 2 accounts, 2 clans.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 02:17:02 PM »
I just believe it has a negative aspect on many parts of the game. Let people play, unless people are DOUBLE CLANNING, who really cares? If they are double clanning it isn't hard to tell, same IP, 2 accounts, 2 clans.

'It' being the committee? The committee hasn't invented new reasons to ban people, as far as I can tell. Having two accounts in the future will have much more of an impact once stats and such are implemented- anyway, in the agreement you agree to when you sign up, it says one account per person.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2007, 02:24:16 PM »
i dont get why double clanning would be more of an issue than multiple accounts.

Henkka

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2007, 12:40:47 AM »
me neither but who cares.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2007, 07:32:34 AM »
As someone said "the game needs order, and the committee brings order", I can agree with this 100%. Although, I feel way to many unnecessary bans are coming out of it; mainly through multiple accounts.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2007, 08:55:54 AM »
As someone said "the game needs order, and the committee brings order", I can agree with this 100%. Although, I feel way to many unnecessary bans are coming out of it; mainly through multiple accounts.

Ban evasions from known cheats are coming about via multiple accounts. You agree to only have one account when you create an account. We see new email addresses being created JUST to create additional accounts.

Follw those rules as you agreed to an all will be fine.

As was said above, once stats tracking comes in to play and possibly other features to come, having multiple accounts will muck up your stats.

It never ceases to amaze me the people that complain about the rules that they agreed to when signing up and don't break.

You have a choice: You can play this game and obey the rules as set forth or go find some other game to play.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2007, 09:17:30 AM »
just drop it bix. you are going the wrong way on this.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2007, 04:59:54 PM »
Just seems like ban now, don't ask questions later, then ban some more.

Speak to people who have been banned before you make this statement. We usually speak to people before forming a judgement on each case, unless of course the proof shows blatant disregard for the rules, and even in that case if an issue is raised regarding our judgement we will review it. Its actually gather information, review information, ask questions, review some more, discuss, execute result.

Look how many people are getting banned for having 2 accounts, when I can almost say for 100%, 1 account was never used, or used once. Then the password was forgot or such.

You cannot say for 100% that one account has never been used for people who have been banned for multi-accounts, so please get your facts correct before tell us these things, as all you are doing is reducing the quality of your overall comments. There have been many cases where  people have had multiple accounts and we have taken no action, why? because they have obviously never used the account and the creation of it was an accident. You don't get to know about these cases because they never see public light (which is the way it should be).

Heh, I guess they opted against a final warning or a grace period?

Incorrect, final warnings have in fact been given to people who have had multiple accounts. We also give people the option of coming forward with multiple accounts, and as such will reward them with a shorter ban.

I'm still curious when we'll learn about the decisions on previously addressed items to the committee's docket.. but alas, the unbelievable decision to make the committee's forums private, as if to say we're not entitled to know what's being discussed in DP's future... what good is a committee if the community (the remaining 95% of DP players) has no idea what the hell is going on?

This has been answered in this thread and elsewhere, but I'll reiterate for you. We use information that should not be available to the general public, doing so would be an irresponsible act to those people we investigate. I do not believe making the forum private is an unbelievable decision, in fact I'd go as far as to say making it public would be an unbelievable decision.

Of course you and everyone who plays this game is entitled to know whats being discussed regarding the this games future, this is what this thread is for. We are not making decisions about the future of this game, we are merely investigating breaches of rules that were in place long before the idea of a committee was created.

If our responsibilities do change, and we do have a focus on the future of the game, of course we will converse any and all information to the Community. We will NOT make decisions on the future of this game by ourselves, doing so would be a massive disservice to the Community which makes this game as great as it is.

Bix, y00tz, I for one am glad you post your feelings like this, being able to answer them I hope, satisfies you that we won't do anything to harm this game, or make decisions privately that need The Community's input.

JpKool

• Stingray
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2007, 05:20:42 PM »
I dont see whey so many people are posting as far as i can see lck the freakin post delete anytinh gother then bix's and the commities posts. there doesnt need to be so many noobs posting when it has nothing to do with the ur making this more than what it is. wanna post bs go do it in the other topic section.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2007, 08:02:54 PM »
This has been answered in this thread and elsewhere, but I'll reiterate for you. We use information that should not be available to the general public

Thanks for the belittling tone, however why again is it necessary for our information to be passed amongst 11 people?  I could understand Jitspoe and a few server admins at most, but why does everyone need to see that 2 IPs are matches or close to one another (I presume that is what it is about?).