Author Topic: InT--- Looking for an active, talented instructor to give back to DP  (Read 3526 times)

m7feettall

• Autococker

EDIT:

We have a number of volunteers now. Thank you.

We now added the possibility of a one time or recurring guest training session. Non-clan are also invited. See here for details:
http://z11.invisionfree.com/InT/index.php?showtopic=47

Our experiment in InT of a non-affiliated training clan has been going well to this point. In fact two of our members just moved on to decent clans (farmstarz and XL) and a third has received an invite. We are excited for them in their new endeavors and are glad to see progress.

We just picked up a totally new recruit who had his first scrim against Lekky, etc. the other day and his second just yesterday.

However, we have hit a road block. Rept, a co-leader, has been quite busy with real life concerns as of late. I have had a couple of week-long or so business trips that have meant that I have been back and forth with activity.

I think I am around for a bit now, and whenever I am around we scrim a couple times each night.

But we are needing some experienced players to spend time with the recruits and help them in scrims so that hey can adjust.

Therefore we are asking anyone who has a desire to train people new to the scrim scene to step forward and help out.

If you are currently in a clan you may maintain your current clan status as far as we are concerned. If you prefer you can join.

But we need someone who is willing to put in at least a few scrims a week and  some practice time just within the clan.

We are usually active anywhere from  7 to midnight Eastern time (USA).

Our most active time is right around 9 Eastern.

Multiple helpers are fine.

Please indicate your willingness to help here and any contact info.

If you would rather talk in IRC  our channel is #team_InT

I should be in there today idling.

One additional note. The current members are mostly older folks now in their 20's or 30's etc. We have a couple fairly inactive teens that will play from time to time. But two of our active teens left for new clans.

We will take instructors of any age group. But letting everyone know at the outset so they are not suprised.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 10:55:03 AM by m7feettall »

KiLo

• Autococker
Re: InT--- Looking for an active, talented instructor to give back to DP
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 10:29:39 AM »
Well I was going to say I would help but you have to pick the times that I am at work.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 10:31:18 AM »
Well I was going to say I would help but you have to pick the times that I am at work.

Lol, sorry about that.

Just seems to be when we are not at work!

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 10:47:56 AM »
In further talks with Kilo in IRC he has agreed to help when possible after midnight. I think we may have some take him up on that offer. Thanks Kilo.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 11:12:21 AM »
We have another interested party in doing one practice a week for an hour or two.

I think I am going to set up a new section of our forums for scheduling these events. If you want to help with a one time or recurring training just start a thread and we can try to schedule it!

Here is our site address:

http://z11.invisionfree.com/InT/index.php?act=idx

And here is the new Guest training section:

http://z11.invisionfree.com/InT/index.php?showtopic=47

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 02:52:54 PM »
I was about to suggest KiLo when I was reading the first post I might be able to help  once or twice a week some time before 8-9 as I'm gone then almost everyday I could help earlier on though. Also just to let you know I'm not the most skilled player ever but I could help some.

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 09:53:37 PM »
I could try to help you guys out, message me on irc and we can work something out.

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 10:34:01 PM »
yo I would work wit yall to, jus hit me up when im on

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 10:54:29 AM »
Thank you all for the response.

I think we have enough now.

We now also have a second problem. We have been successful in getting invites for our trainees...but don't have many left!

Therefore we need to get a crop of new folks.  Once we have that I will be contacting those who have volunteered.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 02:59:51 PM »
Hehe m7feettall, make sure you specify a future sell-on clause :D Thats what I groom my youngsters for in FM :D

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 09:36:56 AM »
Picked up two recruits now. Looking for one more.

Red Blood98

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 07:20:36 PM »
haven't you made like 7 of these threads?

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 04:36:01 PM »
Actually no.

We have one of these threads. It gets bumped. We also have a recruiting thread for MEMBERS of the clan as opposed to instructors.

It also gets bumped. But thanks for bumping this one again :)

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2007, 11:59:23 PM »
i could help out anytime during the day except for around 6:30-9:00pm monday-thursday. anytime before or after that is fine. i idle irc as cola, or you can e-mail or pm or even send me an IM through aim when i am on. let me know.

JpKool

• Stingray
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2007, 01:13:24 AM »
m7 u know if you need help u can always come ask if im on.