Author Topic: Old maps with bad spawn points  (Read 1211 times)

m7feettall

• Autococker
Old maps with bad spawn points
« on: November 09, 2007, 01:54:38 PM »
There are a couple of old maps that have some promising features but suffer from bad spawn points (blue spawning in red area etc.). The two I currently have in mind are

trope
olympiad

Couldn't the map just be opened in notepad and the entity portion edited?

If that didn't work an .ent should correct it right?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Old maps with bad spawn points
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 03:35:02 PM »
.ent file would be the better solution.  If the map itself is edited, it will require people to re-download it.  Also, notepad will mess up the binary data.  You'd probably have to use some sort of hex editor.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 05:57:26 PM »
frhed is a good hex editor, if you choose to go that route: http://www.kibria.de/frhed.html

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 06:20:47 PM »
Hm...as long as server administrators cooperate the ent approach should be fine. And if not...well, no biggy. But they seem to be fun maps with the one glaring problem.

James

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 06:25:50 PM »
Once Xtremebain gets our servers setup to how he wants them, I'll be fixing a lot of the maps on our servers with .ent files.  I.E. Shazam22, one side doesn't have all steel barrels and the other side does, including an extra steel barrel. Once I change it both sides will have that extra steel and there won't be and random on there.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 06:51:34 PM »
Once Xtremebain gets our servers setup to how he wants them, I'll be fixing a lot of the maps on our servers with .ent files.  I.E. Shazam22, one side doesn't have all steel barrels and the other side does, including an extra steel barrel. Once I change it both sides will have that extra steel and there won't be and random on there.

Hm, that would be nice.