Author Topic: left + jump issues  (Read 1121 times)

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
left + jump issues
« on: November 05, 2007, 01:52:17 PM »
I got a new keyboard and mouse. with jump set to cntrl and mouse 2. when i try to jump left using movement key and cntrl i cant unless i stop going forward. with mouse 2 and left i can do it. why?

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
Re: left + jump issues
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 02:10:17 PM »
This has to do with the circuitry on the keyboard itself.  Most keyboards don't like when you press too many keys in the same column because it cannot send all that information at once.  Computer beeps when I try to do similar things.  I would use mouse2 exclusively for jump if I were you, or move it over to your space bar and use ctrl for tossgren if I were you.

Herron

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 07:36:33 PM »
is your keyboard and/or mouse wireless?  i encountered this same problem when i borrowed someone's wireless mouse to test it out -- got a new corded mouse instead (same model/brand), and it no longer happens.

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 07:50:08 PM »
I had this problem when I changed keyboard too. But I think it had to do with sticky keys.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 10:08:30 AM »
its not the sticky key issue i think since i doesnt even ask to turn them on or off.

it is a wireless. and i dont have the problem with my corded set so that has to be why.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 12:03:39 PM »
flip,

I have huge issues with wireless keyboards doing that, especially when you try to use a wireless keyboard with a kvm that supports hot keys.  Just doesn't work.