Author Topic: Lagg issues  (Read 5454 times)

magalhaes

• Autococker
Re: Lagg issues
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2007, 11:19:11 AM »
"other players can't see me lagging"
Bahahahaha
Definitely an excuse.
=]

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2007, 11:20:04 AM »
One thing I have noticed is there has been an increase in general lag for quite a few players. I think I notice it start about a week ago. I know I normally don't lag at all but as of late I have been and so has a few members of InT.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2007, 11:26:07 AM »
Mag as you can see I'm quite frustrated by this, because I can't play the game normally. So, if you don't have any comments regarding of resolving my problem, stop posting here.

I'll try to reinstall the game.

Edit: reinstallation did't helped me.

I'm out of options :(

I don't get lagg from any other game.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2007, 02:08:11 PM »
Ok, I just found out 1 thing. I downloaded a program to see my computer usage, and I saw that when i lagg spike while playing my CPU usage goes through the roof!

Now, if someone could please tell me if they know possible reason why is that happening, and how to resolve it?

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2007, 02:26:01 PM »
DO this:

Set up perfmon to view and record your processes while playing .  Look for the spike and see what process is doing it.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2007, 02:27:25 PM »
Did you recently update your video card drivers, that may be causing this.  On the other side of things, updating your video drivers may also solve it.

Would there be any programs on your system which may be monitoring paintball2.exe in the background (buffer overrun protection in an antivirus program, aggressive firewall)?

I'm leaning towards the lag being caused by a sound card/driver, or video card/driver problem, though.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2007, 02:45:27 PM »
Hm, I've spent about 6-7 hours today trying to resolve this. Now I think I've found my problem:

I've run Task Manager, the problem is here I think (Trojan):

Scrigz.exe

Now, next thing I must do is somehow to remove it (god it'll take me all night).

Edit: sorry Knack didn't see your post recommending me to do what I did.

<3 :)

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2007, 06:30:53 PM »
Well, after over 12 hours of trying to battle this thing, I surrender. Downloaded 6 Virus scanners, read I don't know how many pages about this thing, eliminated few viruses not connected to this one, but now, I just don't know what to do, and I'm to big of a noob to remove it manually. Just don't know how. It's quite frustrating actually, to know where the problem is and that you know that you cannot do anything to solve it (found a page where it says what to do to remove it manually, but I', to dumb to know what to do at certain points).

Now, I'll try with last one of Virus scanners and thats it.

And btw, this thing attached also on my IRC, I removed it now, but I suggest for any of you to run a VS (wow, sounds like I had an epiphany).

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2007, 06:42:48 PM »
Try 2 more if you haven't already.

Spybot Search & Destroy
McAfee

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2007, 08:01:48 PM »
Have you tried adaware?  Lavasoft.com.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2007, 09:07:41 PM »
This may sound dumb but i had a few "mysterious" programs once and until i figured out how to get rid of them i just ended them in the tasklist.  when u finally get annoyed constantly ending them and choose to delete them for good, the way i got rid of them is using a deletion program called DeleteDr. (Delete Doctor) and it took out those exe's easy.  if you don't know where the trojan is just use the windows search feature to find where they are nesting themselves and try all 3 of DeleteDr's deleting processes, then restart your comp, and see if the viruses are still there. if they are, well, i don't know what to tell you. Hope this helps,
http://www.download3k.com/Delete-Doctor/Download-Free-deletedr.exe.html
-Cusoman

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2007, 07:02:13 AM »
For starters, always run anti virus and spyware scanners in safe mode when trying to erradicate a known infestation.

ALso: msconfig is your friend.  Open it up and see if it's starting that program on system startup.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2007, 09:18:20 AM »
OK, so what I have done:

After another few hours of downloading different virus scanners and Trojan hunters, I've tried to simplify my way.
Went into system32 folder where Trojan lived, dragged it out and dropped on my desktop. After that I made it read-only and applied it. What happened? When i turned my wlan on again, that file tried to access the Internet, and avast! finally recognized it as malicious program, so I managed to put it into quarantine.

So now I don't have any lagg spike issues or CPU overpowering, and also I downloaded new ZoneAlarm so everything is back to normal (at least I hope).

Final thing to do is to clear rest of contaminated files.

I'd like to say thank you to all who tried to help me, your advices have been really helpfull, so again thank you.