Author Topic: I can't see what I just picked up  (Read 2624 times)

edeholland

• PGP
I can't see what I just picked up
« on: November 25, 2007, 12:49:22 PM »
If I pick up, for example, a CO2 canister, it doesn't say what size, and if I drop, for example, a red flag, it doesn't say that I did so. How to change it back because it used to work.

KiLo

• Autococker
Re: I can't see what I just picked up
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 12:50:57 PM »
Sounds like you somehow turned the HUD off. To fix it just do cl_drawhud 1 in the console.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 01:06:32 PM »
Edeholland, please search for the information to your simple questions before starting new posts.  Thanks. :D

edit: this doesn't apply solely to this thread
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 09:41:02 PM by y00tz »

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 09:01:05 PM »
I don't think that's what he's talking about, though. I think he's talking about the lower-left hand corner of the screen, where the pick up/drop messages go.

If I remember correctly, there was some option about what messages were displayed, but I think that's obsolete now.

edeholland

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 07:51:07 AM »
Yes, Eiii is right. For aught I know, the layout setup doesn't say anything about that area above the CO2 bar.

this doensn't apply solely to this thread
  :-[

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 07:57:57 AM »
Yes, Eiii is right. For aught I know, the layout setup doesn't say anything about that area above the CO2 bar.

Sure it does, see the area that says "Display Messages" in the layout menu?  Select ALL, you have 'none' selected as of now.

edeholland

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 09:17:11 AM »
Sure it does, see the area that says "Display Messages" in the layout menu?  Select ALL, you have 'none' selected as of now.

Sorry, wrong! :) On http://digitalpaint.therisenrealm.com/reference/commands#nextspawn it says you just have to use 'verbose' to toggle it on/off. It works.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 01:08:43 PM »
Learn something new everyday.  How did you manage to turn it off?

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 02:31:09 PM »
Verbose is old.  You can disable those messages from the layout setting in the menu, or with the msg cvar.

edeholland

• PGP
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2007, 07:22:24 AM »
Verbose is old. You can disable those messages from the layout setting in the menu, or with the msg cvar.

You can bind a key to verbose which I think is a much faster way of turning it on/off.

And y00tz, you are complaining I ask stupid questions
simple questions
this doesn't apply solely to this thread
but what else should I do? Send you or jitspoe or someone else a personal message?

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2007, 10:24:06 PM »
I did not complain you asked stupid questions, they're not stupid questions at all.  Obviously I learned something from it...

but what else should I do?

Good question, for the specific topic I was thinking of, you could have used the search function, available at the top of the board.