Author Topic: Video Game Awards 2007  (Read 751 times)

y00tz

• Autococker
Video Game Awards 2007
« on: December 09, 2007, 08:34:13 PM »
I'm sitting here watching the 2007 VGAs on Spike TV... this is really more of a novelty show, right?  It's just a Hollywood-ish award show with a small emphasis on games.  Like, I think a Simpson's game one a bit ago, and instead of bringing up the developers, they brought up the Simpson's producers... meh.

On a side note, I've gotta say, that performance by the Foo Fighters was honestly the worst performance I've ever seen, I mean, I've seen those guys in concert 4 times and I'm seeing them again in late January, and I'm pretty sure Dave Grohl (the frontman) was drunk.

Anyone else watching this junk?

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: Video Game Awards 2007
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 10:31:15 PM »
No.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 10:42:05 PM »
Good.  I only watched it for the two terrible FF performances (my boys got 5 Grammy nominations, but can't perform sober?)

"Harmonix"  a "revolutionary" "game" development company won "studio" of the year, against those little known guys such as Valve, 2K Boston (they made a very small game called BioShock) and this little no name studio, what was, I don't know like, Bungie?  Maybe that was it...   ::)

Apparently Rock Band is better than everything else any of those other companies have put out this year...  :-X

On a side note, they kept showing these two sexist Burger King ads... I guess someone at the very least skims over the demographic charts.   ::)

However, BioShock did get GotY, which is good.

nopyo

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 10:58:25 PM »
Did they say anything about Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3)?