Author Topic: I guess some people don't get the point  (Read 1490 times)

Y2J

• VM-68
I guess some people don't get the point
« on: December 20, 2007, 07:33:36 AM »
Why do my topics keep getting locked?

Because they buck the trend of what you guys want to read? Because people agree that Sonny shouldn't be the only one banned? It's not like I'm the only one participating in these threads, with a spirited view, their are others, ones that want their point heard too. But you admins are not allowing the community to get any input, and more importantly you admins are holding a double standard to the users.

SK89Q personally attacked me, something other users of this forum have been banned for. But because you guys like him you
a) refuse to ban him
and
b8) refuse to tell me why, and complete ignore the subject.

That is not being a good admin.

But hey, if I were Knack or Yootz, I wouldn't want to admit I was wrong either, because monitoring these DP Forums, it IS life. (Probably at least the only place they have friends)

Y2J

• VM-68
Re: I guess some people don't get the point
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 07:35:20 AM »
Oh, and some people might view that as a personal attack

My reply, if I get banned, it just goes to show that the Admins hold a double standard, and they play favorites.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 07:54:25 AM »
Because people agree that Sonny shouldn't be the only one banned?

No one has suggested that.

I agree both threads should still be open.

Try and make your point without insulting! Don't be a martyr, you need to be around to make your point.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 07:59:24 AM »
Y2J, get on IRC tonight and we'll spend all night q2msging the offenders.

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 08:03:25 AM »
I wish I still could. Greatest tool ever made for hte game.

And there are people that have suggested everyone not be banned for this.

I am one of them. I don't think anyone should be banned for using this bug. The problem I have is that Sonny is THE ONLY one currently banned.

excrement, Goose and I used to do excrement 10x worse than that, far more often. If there is a bug, thank god someone was stupid enough to use it so much to bring it in the public's eye, fix it, and move the intercourse on.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 08:03:34 AM »
Y2J, get on IRC tonight and we'll spend all night q2msging the offenders.

Ah the answer to everything.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 08:41:48 AM »
Why do my topics keep getting locked? Because they buck the trend of what you guys want to read? Because people agree that Sonny shouldn't be the only one banned? It's not like I'm the only one participating in these threads, with a spirited view, their are others, ones that want their point heard too. But you admins are not allowing the community to get any input, and more importantly you admins are holding a double standard to the users.
IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY. Actually, I think the last topic being locked was more because both sides were just using the same argument(s) over and over. No progress was being made at all in either direction.

SK89Q personally attacked me, something other users of this forum have been banned for. But because you guys like him you
a) refuse to ban him
and
b8) refuse to tell me why, and complete ignore the subject.
Some users are walking the line more than others. Sk89q has behaved exceptionally well in the past, others have not. I'd say a ban is more likely to come out of constant disruptive behavior than a mildly offensive one-time thing.

But hey, if I were Knack or Yootz, I wouldn't want to admit I was wrong either, because monitoring these DP Forums, it IS life. (Probably at least the only place they have friends)
PERSONAL ATTACK BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BANBANABNABNABNABAN

I am one of them. I don't think anyone should be banned for using this bug.
That's silly.

The problem I have is that Sonny is THE ONLY one currently banned.
I agree, but I don't think the situation is final. sk89q and queenie (and whoever else) will probably be banned as well, for differing lengths of time.

thank god someone was stupid enough to use it so much to bring it in the public's eye, fix it, and move the intercourse on.
WE SHOULD UNBAN HACKERS THANK GOD THEY LET US SEE WHAT SORT OF HACKS THERE WERE OUT THERE

Lock plz?