Author Topic: Lag Spikes - Finally fixed my side of the problem still experiencing.  (Read 1466 times)

HadeZ

• PGP
I have been threatening an anthrax war with verizon for over 3 months now with my DSL line.  Finally everything has been resolved with them and my DSL is back to normal.  Unfortunately I am still suffering "hiccups" while playing DP.  What these "hiccups" refer to is a 1-2 second up to 3 sec hesitation and then gameplay resumes. These occur to as often as 30 seconds to 1 minute apart.  I suffer none of these in TF2, and assorted other games.  Xile experiences the same issues as me and him being Canadian and I being USA takes the routing assumption I had and eliminates it.  So i was just curious if other users experience this kind of issue and if there are any tweaks to the game that I could do.  Being old-school all I have done to the game is add toss gren binds to mouse4 and Q, and my name.  Aside from that it is just an installed copy of the game.  I average 400+ FPS so hardware is not the problem.  Just can be frustrating.  Just kind of tossing it out there as I am "old-school" and simpleminded when in reference to DP tweaks.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
Re: Lag Spikes - Finally fixed my side of the problem still experiencing.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 01:10:45 AM »
What build are you using?  Build 17/18 had horrendous lag spikes that sounds like what you are describing.

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 01:18:08 AM »
Yeah that would happen to me all the time, although I noticed it only happened on my computer once I started to torrent stuff.  I reinstalled XP and have been fine since.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 01:20:32 AM »
Haha, general rule of thumb: never download (includes torrenting) whilst playing online games.  :P

HadeZ

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 01:26:03 AM »
I am using build 19, but also have 20 occurs on both.

Hades

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 07:33:02 PM »
Bumping this because I am ready to beat my cat in rage seriously any suggestions.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 01:17:21 PM »
Do a virus scan and adware scan? Browsing those sites is bad news remember..