Author Topic: Build 0.20 - Linux 64bit : ref_pbgl.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64 (SOLVED!)  (Read 2801 times)

yossarianuk

• VM-68
Hi.

I was able to play fine with build 0.19 after copying the patch files over.

Now after the 0.20 Linux server update when I go to run it I get

./paintball2

Paintball 2 -- Version 2.0
execing configs/config.cfg
Console initialized.

------- sound initialization -------

Sound failed: ./snd_oss.so not found
------- Loading ref_pbgl.so -------
LoadLibrary("ref_pbgl.so") failed: ./ref_pbgl.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
recursive shutdown
Error: Couldn't load gl refresh!

I have tried a fresh install (i.e without the 0.19 64bit patch) and get the same thing.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 01:04:07 PM by yossarianuk »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Build 0.20 - Linux 64bit : ref_pbgl.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 06:46:34 PM »
You need the 32bit ref_pbgl.so from build 19.

yossarianuk

• VM-68
Re: Build 0.20 - Linux 64bit : ref_pbgl.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 01:03:10 PM »
 :D ;D :D

Thanks a lot man, it works fine now.

Jesus the level/speed of support on here beats any other game free or non-free....

Just to re-cap (in case anyone else here uses 64 bit Linux)

(from fresh)

- untar paintball2_build019_linux_full.tar.gz
- then untar paintball2_build020b_linux_serverupdate.tar.gz in the same folder

It should now work ..

Thanks again, I love this game!

Although (with the exception of creating kernel packages) I have little experience of creating .deb /.RPM if I make packages of paintball would this be acceptable (i.e legal..) and useful ?

p.s if you are having issues with your Linux distro try opensuse or pclinuxos/mandriva if you haven't already - I find Ubuntu really buggy (i also hate gnome...)

« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 01:25:15 PM by yossarianuk »

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
I can get along with people that hate gnome.  Have you tested the fast downloads in B20 on Linux?  I've been hesitant in updating my client until I hear that others are confirming that it works fine.

yossarianuk

• VM-68
Hi

(just updated my last post - there is no need for the 0.19 patch..)

Just had a few mins testings - on a fresh install I downloaded shazam33 (one of the many versions) in seconds.

Fast downloading seems all good  :D

I shall try and urge Linux users to try this game out..

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
I'm actually using Debian.  I think I need to wipe it clean and start fresh with one of the more popular distros.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
Maybe thats why you hate Linux so much.  :P

yossarianuk

• VM-68
Debian (including Ubuntu)  is really great as a server. It has probably the best package manager of any system (except gentoo) and is one of the only systems that can (in most cases) flawlessly upgrade to the next version.

Using a debian based distro as a desktop feels like you are continually fighting the system to do what you want.

Suse / Mandriva are easier to use thanks to their control panel and feels like a more professional and complete system - ubuntu feels like loads of OS bits bolted together - however suse/mandriva are both useless at upgrading to the next version - its possible but not recommended (like windows..)  For ease of use you have to see opensuse's one click install for things like nvidia drivers, KDE4, etc.

Of course there are meta distros (i.e no real versions) -  gentoo - arch linux - although harder to setup i find you spend less time on them when setup - i.e no dependency issues and you can pretty much always have the latest version of software - also no other distro has as many games as gentoo's portage..

All this may not be relevant just my 2 cents

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
and is one of the only systems that can (in most cases) flawlessly upgrade to the next version.
My case isn't in the "most" category, then. ;)