Author Topic: Download.com, SoftPedia.com?  (Read 1971 times)

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
Download.com, SoftPedia.com?
« on: January 10, 2008, 05:02:08 PM »
Jitspoe, would you be against me uploading this game to one of or both of these websites?  If its ok with you, I'll upload B20.  I'll also combine the B19 full and B20 downloads for the Linux version.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Download.com, SoftPedia.com?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 06:00:40 PM »
I'd just upload the windows version.  The linux build isn't really stable enough yet, and I doubt that many people download linux stuff off of sites like download.com anyway.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 06:13:51 PM »
You never know.  I found a demo of a game on SoftPedia.com and ended up buying the full version.  It's free to upload stuff, so it couldn't hurt.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 01:17:48 PM »
Why not.  The more places the game is advertised, the more players it will bring and the more people will talk about the game.  Only good things could come from this idea, correct?

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 10:45:40 PM »
Why not.  The more places the game is advertised, the more players it will bring and the more people will talk about the game.  Only good things could come from this idea, correct?

Seemingly more people is good.  Possibly more people could mean more problems (amplified, but same percentage), more time spent dealing with them, forums could become very flooded making moderation a nightmare, more people could mean more hackers and surprisingly more new hacks to deal with.  Generally speaking more people is great, but more than just good can come ;)

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 10:48:56 PM »
More moderators for the forum problems.

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 04:41:40 PM »
I found out about this game from www.download.com