Author Topic: owned  (Read 1019 times)

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: owned
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 08:23:00 PM »
bahahaha.  I couldn't see how it was gonna end from the last 2-3 moves.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 09:03:22 AM »
First of all my opponent played a stupid stupid defense.
It's like the weakest rated defense of all. I totally planned on exploiting the king side, as this defense weakens that side considerably. You can see that black expected an attack on this side as well with his preparation. But black moving kings rook up left me with a trap on the kings rook and queen that I shifted and went for.

At move 20 I thought I would force capture of the queen, but black bringing the knight in to block gave him an out when I  moved my knight causing check. As soon as black made this move I saw mate, but black still could have avoided it at the loss of too many valuable pieces to recover.

It's not an overly exciting game, but it is one where I 'saw' mate several moves ahead which doesn't happen often for me.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 11:33:45 AM »
At move 20 I thought I would force capture of the queen, but black bringing the knight in to block gave him an out when I  moved my knight causing check. As soon as black made this move I saw mate, but black still could have avoided it at the loss of too many valuable pieces to recover.
Yeah at move 20+21 he panicked and played dumb :P He could have drawn it out a bit longer... lol