Author Topic: Issue with demo recording  (Read 1745 times)

m7feettall

• Autococker
Issue with demo recording
« on: January 28, 2008, 11:35:06 PM »
We were in a scrim with Si. We got plowed on our map.

Then we went to their map. But two of their guys left. Advil offered to play 3 vs. 1.  Three of our guys played (I sat out).

He selected the map pice. Apparently it does not auto record. You have to manually record (we found this out later after we realized none of us had a demo). We wound up winning 58-0 since it has a 50 point cap. But he claimed he  went idle on the cap. We didn't notice that he was idle. But of course we have no demo, because we expected it would auto-record like any other map.

So...

a. Are there other maps like this that do not auto-demo?
b. Can that map be fixed?
c. Advil, since you claim we were cheating, do you have a demo to prove that you were in fact idle?  On that map the action is quick and you had no one on to tell use you were idle. It did not appear to us that you were.

It is a scrim so it is not the win or loss that matters, nor do we keep track of our record anyway as a training clan. We don't want that to be the focus.  But we don't like to be characterized as cheaters.

Also we would like to be aware of these issues for the future on other maps.

m7feettall

• Autococker
Re: Issue with demo recording
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 11:49:16 PM »
Do demos retain the disconnect icon?

Not sure how that works.

If you can somehow prove conclusively that you were idle then we would be happy to redo the map, or just let it go either way.  But it is certainly not cheating to not see that you are idle on a quick moving ice map, even if you were actually idle.

Nor am I sure how we can tell if you just didn't move. Perhaps some others on here can.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 01:11:10 AM by m7feettall »

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 12:06:05 AM »
Auto-recording is a per-server option, not a per-map one.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 12:08:58 AM »
Auto-recording is a per-server option, not a per-map one.

This was a GT match server that usually auto-records. All the other maps recorded. This one had a reproducible error that prevented it from recording automatically. It says "you must be in a level to record." Not sure why. If you then manually record it does take, but not if you just enter the map like the others will.

Try it for yourself if you get a chance on GT classic 4, map pice.

Not sure if it will show the same error for you or not, but it did for three of us when we went back.

Here is a screenie:

« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 01:07:48 AM by m7feettall »

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 02:08:16 AM »
Hmm. It appears to do the same for me.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 02:40:49 PM »
Wow, why is pice even on the server?  It's a box map with transparent bunkers that isn't even lit, and when you cap the flag it gives you 50 points.  I downloaded it and tested it locally, and the autorecord worked.  I assume they made some ent file so the match doesn't instantly end (not sure why they didn't just delete the map), and perhaps that's what's causing the issue.

Ok, after re-reading your post, I see it still has the 50 point cap.  I'm not sure what caused the problem, then.  Sounds like it tried to start recording before the map was finished loading.  It should still be deleted. :P

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 04:20:50 PM »
I was thinking what jitspoe said - why price? And what QueeNiE said before someone deleted his post :P

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 04:47:52 PM »
I know why he played pice. I am sure he hoped to cap once and end it since we did not know the map. That is fine. That is strategy.

I am not sure why it is on the server, other than there are tons of maps on, which is not all bad.

When his strategy didn't work and we were making more efforts at capping ourselves he typed "I failed."

Shortly after we capped and he claimed he went idle.

Was he aware that it would not normally record automatically? I have no idea.

Does he have a demo? I don't know that either.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 11:42:24 PM »
 You deserved to win. Such cockyness should be punished =)