Author Topic: Bug - STDlog PlayerConnect/PlayerLeft while map changes  (Read 3808 times)

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: Bug - STDlog PlayerConnect/PlayerLeft while map changes
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2005, 06:00:55 PM »
Hm. I think that we should (have?) started this out simple, only tracking kills/deaths/accuracy, then add more, but this seems to be coming along nicely.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2005, 07:43:16 PM »
This started up as something Calrathan implemented years ago based on specifications drawn up by a logging standards group.  They released some implementation code that Cal threw into pball2, with modifications of course for the different weapons.  Programs like GibStats were made to generate stats outputs for this logging standard.  There are limitations in the design that prevent things like accuracy from being logged.  jitspoe has made many modifications to the logging while keeping the format that the standard based upon.  I have created a program that initially covered the simple things like kills/deaths and from its success I've expanded it to be able to interpret stats such as most kills on a map, or longest kill streak.  These aren't stats that are logged by design, but by pushing the limitations of this design they are obtainable.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2005, 08:23:39 PM »
Hm, I had always wondered why it was called "standard" logging.

To be honest, I'd like to do something a little better than this where stats are dumped directly from the server to a central database (search for the global stats threads), but it will require a lot of work to get it up to that point, probably.