Author Topic: Suggestion for Clan Records  (Read 2419 times)

Riddick

• 68 Carbine
Suggestion for Clan Records
« on: February 16, 2008, 10:34:54 PM »
Considering every serious clans record is fake. Would there be any way to restart the records on the site and have the servers like add wins and losses on the site sort of thing. just asking.

Why don't we have more tournaments they don't always need a prize this game would be better with weekly tourney's or something

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
Re: Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 10:42:43 PM »
Would be more work than it's worth, also would be hard to make it distinguish between

1) maps being played just for fun while waiting for matches to start
2) scrims/matches
3) tons of other scenarios where more than two clans are playing.. like PuGs

Basically it's just completely unrealistic and best to leave it up to the players to be as honest as they feel like being :)

Not to mention not all clans use the same record style.. Some use the Win-Loss style, and some use the RECORD style where you add one to your record for a win and take one away for a loss.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 10:55:12 PM »
cF's record is not fake.

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 10:56:21 PM »
I got a pretty good idea(well atleast i think so). BUt I would need servers and teams to enter. I might be able to come up with a website.

i was thinking like 16 americas teams and like 16 euro asia teams.

make it sort of like the nba standings. come up with 10 maps and a 3 dedicated tie maps. once the map list is figured. Every match will have the maps already selected.

Ex:

Team       Map1            Map2         Tie
CC vs eR33T  Carpatian - Moonliter - pbcup_pforest
Ij vs sTarZ   Round up  -  airtime -   pbcup_sandassualt

get the idea

an Other variables. Nothing we cant work out.

I would also like for the stats system to be up.

so vote for it: http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10078

idk jus a idea

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 12:21:26 AM »
lmfao.

anyways. who cares about records. CC > *

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 04:55:08 AM »
#darkness record isnt fake too.

lmfao.

anyways. who cares about records. CC > *

mmh... we won 2 of the last 4 matches against CC

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 07:18:58 AM »
Or we could just have games set in a season format.  We can set it up using the global login, and have a 'match'  each week, for the set period of time for the season.  Anything else would not count towards records, and would be a 'scrim'.  The seasons could be 8 weeks long, and there would be playoffs, and different levels.  Example: L1, L2, L3, L4, L5.  Each progressively with better teams.  The teams would all have to start in L1, and the top two teams would advance to the next set.  Also, teams could be invited up to play if there was a shortage, if they were close in the playoffs.  Like the idea?

Edit:  To include the European teams, there would be home and away, each played on the respective servers.

Riddick

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 10:12:39 AM »
so instead of just talking about this why dont we actually do it. theres an idea  :o

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 04:50:23 PM »
Perhaps select servers would be used. Other match type servers would still be out there for practice, etc. among clans.  This is similar in some ways to the stats idea.

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
Re: Suggestion for Clan Records
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 08:24:06 AM »
This post is aimed at the original idea, not any of the shoot-offs from it.

*sigh* this is just one of those things that sounds like a great idea, but implementing it would be a pretty long process for jitspoe (when he has many other, more pressing features to focus on), and in the end, in practice it would end up being more of an annoyance than a convenience. It really isn't the login server's job to babysit clans and make sure they're being honest...

For this to work the login server would have to allow users to override its score system so users can fix issues if say it adds a win or loss on accident (which would happen all too often, I'm sure). And if users can override it, that defeats the whole purpose of the system in the first place..

Bix

• Autococker
Re: Suggestion for Clan Records
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 11:18:13 AM »
we keep a record in our priv channel