« on: March 14, 2007, 11:47:52 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:20:40 AM by Dirty_Taco »

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
Re: Bug: mouse movement in vista
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 12:07:55 PM »
I think he's experiencing this problem.  Has to do with the Logitech SetPoint drivers and G5 mouse within Vista.

People said that uninstalling SetPoint fixed it.  Something the try at least.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 12:46:47 PM »
I've got Vista and I don't have any mouse problems. But I also don't  have any Logitech Setpoint drivers (I think).

Herron

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 10:49:27 AM »
I'm having this problem, too.  I've tried every available combination of the following factors, but to no avail:

Default Windows mouse drivers || Logitech SetPoint software
Enhance Pointer Precision -- On || Off
Enable SetPoint Implementation || Enable OS Implementation (SetPoint parameters)
Keep acceleration -- checked || unchecked (SetPoint parameters)
Enable Game Detection -- checked || unchecked (SetPoint parameters)

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit with Logitech G5 corded laser mouse (blue version, not silver -- there is a difference) and SetPoint software version 4.40.88 (when installed).  I don't have this problem in TF2... wish I knew how Valve fixed it. :(

If anyone has a legitimate fix for this, please let me know.  I've searched all over the web and found lots of other people with the same problem, but no consistent solutions.  Also, I've had enough stupid "Install Windows XP" comments on other forums, thanks.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 02:19:39 PM »
Try setting m_xp to 0, 1, or 2 along with your windows settings.  Can you explain exactly what is happening?

Herron

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 12:44:01 PM »
Wow.  I didn't know m_xp had a "2" -- that fixed it.  Muchas gracias!

The problem was mouse acceleration not being turned off in-game.  Although it was turned off in every control panel mouse setting (be it windows and/or logitech), for some reason it was still making quick turns in DP nigh impossible to control.  m_xp 0 and 1 didn't do anything, but 2 fixed it.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 03:49:13 PM »
The m_xp cvar checks the windows version.  At the time, XP was the newest and I think disabling acceleration in other versions of windows caused problems, so by default, it only disabled acceleration in XP.  m_xp 2 disables acceleration regardless of the windows version.

ch40s

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 03:55:39 PM »
I had this problem previously, the m_xp helped but now its unnecessary. (mouse = razer copperhead/lachesis) I'm assuming vista or razer updated drivers. If its the same problem, I would experience great differences in vertical mouse movement (slow) and horizontal movement (alot faster) and when combining the two, the cursor/crosshair would intermittently stop or reduce speed severely. Theres an issue now with the lachesis where the cursor jumps vertically about 50 pixels every so often, terribly annoying but razer is addressing this on the newest firmware upgrade. Also, it was only a problem with the quake engine. This single problem actually prompted me to downgrade back to XP.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 11:49:26 PM »
Did you by chance upgrade to SP1? I saw an article about it on CNET so just assumed it was out, maybe it's fixed....

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 08:57:13 PM »
I had this problem previously, the m_xp helped but now its unnecessary. (mouse = razer copperhead/lachesis) I'm assuming vista or razer updated drivers. If its the same problem, I would experience great differences in vertical mouse movement (slow) and horizontal movement (alot faster) and when combining the two, the cursor/crosshair would intermittently stop or reduce speed severely. Theres an issue now with the lachesis where the cursor jumps vertically about 50 pixels every so often, terribly annoying but razer is addressing this on the newest firmware upgrade. Also, it was only a problem with the quake engine. This single problem actually prompted me to downgrade back to XP.
That problem with the Lachesis isn't OS-specific.  It happens to me on XP as well with most mouse pads.  I found just using it directly on my desk improved it a lot

ch40s

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 12:03:26 AM »
The problem with the lachesis has been addressed by razer and will be fixed on their release of the first firmware upgrade. Which I believe is already downloadable in beta. I've had issues with the icemat I use but only with IR mice. I love both the mouse and mat equally and havent noticed and improvement without using the pad. The cursor jump actually occurs when the mouse isnt even moving either. y00tz, as for SP1, I'm discouraged to download before its officially released, I want to avoid any issues that might occur from it being handled elsewhere. **it's due to be released to the public in march, and only released to manufacturers as of now**

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 12:10:28 AM »
From what I've heard, the beta firmware doesn't help much, but this is getting off-topic.

ch40s

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 12:18:26 AM »
=[ darn I was getting excited. We'll see