Author Topic: Match Basics  (Read 4918 times)

Dragon11

• Stingray
Re: Match Basics
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2006, 08:42:51 AM »
3v3 is definatly a match, but a bit weak. However as alot of clans have trouble getting more than 3 people on at a time, its hard not to get around the 3v3. This brings up an interesting point as well. If clans scheduled matches like when they do the PBCup matches, I am almost positive that people can get a really good match of 5v5 or more going.

As for 2v2, most definatly not a match, thats my opinion, and I am sure that other people who have been playing for as long as I have agree with me.
i agree i have dile up so cant play at my house but i go to the library and i can play any level so its  8)

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2006, 09:00:21 AM »
well i've definately not been around as long as you, and im interested what people think of this. 3v3 should be a match i think as it does require teamwork, and you can play on fairly big maps effectively.

But 2v2 still requires a certain amount of teamwork.

What are we basing the decision of whether or not something can or should be called a match?

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2006, 01:01:01 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:50:43 AM by Dirty_Taco »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2006, 02:23:02 PM »
DT: In that case, how are sides chosen?  What if they chose a map where one side has a significant advantage?

Like I mentioned before, the number of players really goes beyond the "basics", but I'd like to promote some larger, more serious matches.  With 3v3, and the haphazard matching scene we have right now, it usually ends up dropping down to a 2v2 halfway through.  If it starts out as 4v4, at least it doesn't usually drop below 3v3.  I don't think 2v2 should count as a clan match.  Sure, it's a team, but what you can do as far as strategies is a lot more limited, and a clan, by definition, implies a large group of people.  Two people isn't a clan.

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2006, 08:41:50 PM »
2 People is a really sad clan.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2006, 11:45:51 AM »
How about whining about maps?

I understand when its scrim and we choose a map like perfugio or whatever. Other team says they havent learned it or they dont have that map (some dont). Then well change it ofcourse.

But, in matches, we will choose a map:
a) they have the map, but start to whine that they dont know it/its not x vs x map/noobish map/camper map whatever.
Then the match must proceed with this map
b) they are dling the map
Then it would be fair to change the map

opinions?

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2006, 12:03:34 PM »
i think in a match, they have to play the map you choose, its no good just saying "oh we don't have that map dl, so we cant play it" especially if its not an obscure map

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2006, 12:17:21 PM »
Those types of things are why people should schedule matches ahead of time, so people have time to obtain and practice maps they aren't familiar with.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2006, 02:13:32 AM »
DT: In that case, how are sides chosen?  What if they chose a map where one side has a significant advantage?

I think if there´d be an advantage (this is not so often) the high-pinged team should deserve to choose the colour because a high ping gives you a relatively huge disadvantage. IMO even if the high pinged team can change map and colour they´re still a little disadvantaged.

DaVo

• Stingray
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2008, 04:18:00 AM »
yo, is here a rule about some officialy tie map? cause when we match...examply..btf (they do it), we win our map, they win their, and then we r talking about tie...they say we dont want a map u will say, we have a time, we want for tie only grave or something....and here´s the problem...when we can´t pick a tie map, is there some map clans play in this situation? most palyers say officialy tie map is pp1